Wednesday, August 3, 2011

10 Ways Being A Breastfeeding Mother Is the Same As Being Pregnant

There are a few things I was hoping would be done when I popped the baby out. Not so lucky...

1. I still am hungry all the time. I even get food cravings.

2. I still can't take/use a lot of medicines, beauty products, etc.

3. I still have to eat healthy, take vitamins, and be careful about my food.

4. I still can't sleep on my tummy.

5. I still have to go to the bathroom all the time because I am always thirsty so I drink a lot of water.

6. My clothes still don't fit, but now they don't fit in more areas.

7. I have to buy and wear weird clothes with very specific purposes. Again.

8. I still get less sleep than my husband. (It's hard to even things out when only one person can do the feeding.)

9. My hormones are still out of control.

10. I still worry abut my baby non-stop, and wonder if I'm taking care of her in the best possible way- I'm still mentally and emotionally exhausted (not to mention physically). (Ok that one's not specific to breastfeeding mothers.)

I knew having a little baby would be an adjustment. I guess I just thought it would be more of an adjustment... :)

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there! One day you will wake up and feel like a human being again...and that's when you will realize that you haven't been yourself in (give or take a few months) two years :) Then you will suddenly be like why haven't we started on number two? It gets easier I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um maybe this is weird that I know this since I don't have any children and maybe people don't do this anymore...but to help with with sleep thing you could use a breast pump and fill up a bottle or two for the freezer. then lance could take turns for the nightly feedings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yeah kayla i've considered it but we dont want to give her a bottle yet cause she is so young and shes not super good at nursing anyways. maybe eventually. but i figure its only fair that i do the night feedings since i dont have to get up at 7:30 and go to an office all day!

    ReplyDelete