Lance and I have been back from our honeymoon for a month, so I figured its about time to write a blog about it. Basically, all I can say is that it was the most amazing honeymoon I could have ever dreamed of. It was straight out of a movie. After staying in the honeymoon suite in a hotel near the airport on our wedding night, Lance took me an isolated resort in the Bahamas for a week and a half. It was GORGEOUS. The only beaches I have ever been were super crowded ones. But here we had entire beaches to ourselves. The resort we stayed at (St. Francis Resort-- I would recommend it highly to anyone) was pretty much the only thing on the island, and it only had 8 little duplexes, about half of which were full when we were there. In this picture, the restaurant is on the left and our room was on the right.
The resort is owned by this adorable older couple from South Africa who live their on the island with their son. They run the little restaurant that we ate lunch and dinner at everyday. The only way to get to the island was a water taxi from the nearby larger island, Great Exuma, that had a little airport we flew into.
Our honeymoon was so relaxing because there wasnt a whole lot to do. Our room was nice but simple, and there were no phones, internet, or tvs. We had a balcony that looked out onto our beautiful white empty beach. Here was the view from our room:
There was lots to do on the island, so we spent our days tanning, playing in the water, building sand castles, hiking to different spots, kayaking, snorkeling, and just walking on the beach.
The sand was soo soft. Every morning, they brought breakfast to our room, then we would go play on the beach or in the water, and then usually do other activities in the afternoon. By late afternoon we were always exhausted so we would have an early dinner. (They had great food. Hamburgers, pizza, steak, lots of seafood for Lance). The sunsets were beautiful every right; it was just so romantic.
In the evening we usually went for walks on the beach and then would go back to our room and watch Lost on my laptop. It was just so nice and relaxing and romantic. I have never had so much fun in my life.I really do think I am the luckiest girl in the whole world! Lance and I were pretty sad to leave but we had so much to look forward to when we got home!
Leaving the island for the last time. Best honeymoon ever!!
Kelly! In that first picture, you look like you are not wearing anything!
ReplyDeleteI was going to say the same thing as Jamie! That's funny.....also, were there jellyfish? :( Did Lance have to pee on you to prove his love? Andrew refused....respectfully...
ReplyDeleteWell, there was no one around.....
ReplyDeleteHey, isn't that what a honeymoon is for? ;) Loved getting to see the pics again Kelly and hope things are going great in Provo. Shay and I miss you two!
ReplyDelete