Saturday, January 1, 2011

A milllion 1's

I started writing this post at 1:11 on 1/1/11. No joke. Pretty cool, I know. I am so excited for the new year. Even though 2010 was the best year of my life so far, I can't wait to see what the new year will bring! Last night Lance and I were talking about what we are anticipating the most. Included: a baby!, graduation, and perhaps moving, buying a house, and a new career. Who knows how things could play out.

The last couple months have been great with a few rough spots. Morning sickness= awful. Nevertheless, we dived headfirst into the holiday season. Halloween was awesome, mostly because we got to go visits my parents in Colorado, and see Merrill, Jamie, and Darci (my oldest niece-- what a cutie) as well! I don't have any pics because they are on my old computer (thank you husband dearest for my Christmas present! I heart my Macbook) and no way am I going through the effort to get them. Plus, I'm at the airport in Albuquerque, so I couldn't even if I wanted to.

Thanksgiving was delicious but a little overwhelming. We decided to do a full Turkey dinner, from scratch, on our own. It was more work than I anticipated, especially since I was so sick that I could barely eat anything that day (silly fetus...). But I sure enjoyed the leftovers. Here is a little sample of our feast. I'm getting hungry just looking at it. Then again, I'm almost always hungry now.
Carving his first turkey!
We started our celebration of the Christmas season the day after Thanksgiving by buying and decorating a Christmas tree and decorating the condo. Our small supply of seasonal items is growing!

We also went up to temple square to see the lights, and mostly to look for my bffffff Marissa Schroedter. She left on her mission to Temple Square the first week of November and I miss her ever so much. (I hope she reads this and recognizes what a good friend I am in 16 months). Anyway, we wandered around forever in the cold and never found her. It was disappointing, but we have plans to go back. I heart her. Sad face for missing her.

Christmas break was sooo nice. I left for Dallas on the 18th to meet my brand new niece, Eve!! She is the most tiny, precious, perfect little thing I have ever seen. I hope my baby can compare. I got to spend almost a week with my sister and her husband and try to help out, although really I just monopolized the little one. I love her.
Little Christmas dress that we bought her!

It was hard to leave. It was also super awesome to see my brother Evan for a day.

Lance came to join me on the 21st. It was hard for me to be away from him even just for a few days. Mushy and pathetic, I know. But he takes such good care of me! On the 23rd we flew out to New Mexico to be with Lance's family for Christmas. Even though I missed my family, I love being with his for the holidays. It's always tons of fun. We got to meet our 6 month old nephew, Cal. He is adorable. And giant. He is the same size as his cousin Gracie who is a year. The Brunsons have the happiest babies ever. I have never seen such cheerful little ones, even though they were both sick (and got all the rest of us sick). Anyway, we had a great time just hanging out with family, eating, playing speed scrabble, and trying to control our sneezing and coughing. Lance's parents/grandparents are so generous. I got a ton of cute maternity clothes for Christmas. Now I don't have to go buy them. Also, my father in law got President Bush's book for Christmas (ok he got it from us) and I read almost the whole thing. It was so good!
This is literally one of only two pictures I took in NM. Too bad. But what cuties.

Can I just say how nice it was to have a two week break from school? Although I got some of my best grades ever last semester, it was not pleasant. I am dreading school starting again next week. Even though I am only taking 3 classes, I saved all of my hardest ones for last. Darn. Hopefully I have it in me to get through one more semester. Then freedom!! Well not really. Babies take even more attention than school, I'm pretty sure. And the consequences of failure are a lot more severe....

Ugh I just found out our flight back to Salt Lake it delayed. This trip has been the worst. Between Lance and I, we had 5 flights, and every single one of them has been delayed. I hate flying. And airports. From now on, we're driving everywhere. I mean it.

Ok wow long post. Serves me right. And you, for reading this whole thing. Don't you have better things to do with your time? I am going to try to post regular updates about the pregnancy so anyone who wants to can stay informed. Ha. We'll see how that goes. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Now its time to come visit us! ;) We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Kelly! What a great post and thank you so much for putting up that pic of Gracie and Cal! I took ZERO pictures in Ruidoso and that one is so cute! We miss you and Lance already but hopefully we'll be seeing you soon at your graduation celebrations! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete