Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas #1

This year we were lucky to be able to go to my parents house in Colorado for Christmas. Reagan and I flew in late on the 21st, which happened to be her half birthday! My mom made a half cake to honor it.
 
We stayed busy with lots activities there. My favorite was going to the pool- Reagan's first time! At first she was overwhelmed and clung to me, but she eventually got the hang of it! Especially when we took er in the lazy river- she loved riding the innertubes. 
 Even the baby slide was a little big for her, but still a good time!


 We had a hard time trying to get a good daddy-daughter picture.
 Unfortunately Reagan and I both got sick while we were there, but Reagan still managed to retain her good temperament.
 The night we flew in, it snowed over a foot! It was wonderful to have a white Christmas, especially since we have gotten zero snow here in Provo. You wouldn't think I would have to go out of Utah to introduce Reagan to the white powdery stuff. And don't try to tell me that snowsuit isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen, because I won't believe you.
 Reagan had so much fun at Grandma and Grandpa's, I don't think she ever wanted to leave! So many fun toys and cousins to play with!
 And finally, the big day arrived.
 "Oh Mom, you tell such funny jokes."
 "I want Eve's orange."
 "Maybe if I move my arm over real slowly..."
 
 "Closer....almost there....act like nothings happening...."
 "Hey, get your own orange, Reagan!"
 "And stay away from mine!"
 What a little imp.

 "If I can't have an orange, I guess my shoe will have to do!"
 Later on in the day.... (talking to Evan on the phone!)

 "You eat that end, I'll eat this end."
 All three cousins! Minus baby Asher. What a sweetie.
 Finally we get to the good stuff- presents! Reagan loved her bows.

 And last but not least. Reagan takes really long naps when she is sick. At this point, she had been sleeping for over 3 hours, so Lance decided to get her up. She was totally out with her face pressed into the mesh playpen. That's what tylenol will do to you!
It was a wonderful weekend with lots of family. In two days we jet off to New Mexico for Christmas #2!

2 comments: