5 things from the past, present, and future
1. Past. After experiencing out first trip to the ER this week, I feel like a real (bad) mother now. Reagan got into some old pain medication on Thursday evening and tried to swallow it. I didn't know she could open childproof caps. I don't want to talk about it. After swiping the pills out of her mouth (with my windex covered hands. yikes) I called poison control and they told me to take her to the ER. I quickly loaded her in the car and called Lance sobbing. It was the most awful feeling ever. Luckily he was able to leave work a half hour early and meet me at the hospital 45 minutes later. I got to the ER and got all checked in, and they told me that because we weren't sure if she swallowed and or how much was in her system, they needed to observe her and do a blood test on her in 4 hours. So we spent the evening in the tiny hospital room while Reagan ran around tearing things up. I've never seen her so hyper. (One of the side effects they were watching for was drowsiness. Nope.) Finally, they did the blood test. Reagan did so well, she didn't cry one bit. She just sat there and watched the blood flow out of her while I held her. She was excited to get the bandage and stickers after.
The results from her blood came back normal, and we finally left around 10:30. It was a long night. I learned several valuable lessons, the most important one being that Reagan is smarter, sneakier, and more capable than I thought.
2. Past. I got my hair cut today. Nearly a foot, and I was able to donate it to Locks of Love. I haven't had hair this short since early high school, and it feels great. And a little sad. We'll see if I can style it.
3. Past. I also made this big picture of the temple today (glued, textured, painted the frame) at our RS's Super Saturday. I love it. It's beautiful. It looks great in our living room.
4. Present. BYU vs Utah. Tied 7-7 at halftime. I hope we win.
5. Future. This week: Oregon. Next week: Texas. Week after: Mexico. Oh yeah, baby. See y'all in a few weeks!





i'll miss you.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite thing about this is that in the first picture Reagan looks like one of Stu's baby pics...so cute.
ReplyDelete