Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween: the real deal

After getting all geared up two weekends ago for Halloween, we were ready to go when this week rolled around! First things first: carving pumpkins for FHE.
Once Dad showed her how to do it...
 Reagan loved scooping out the guts.
 Much too busy to look up for a picture.
 Ok maybe not. But no smiles. This is serious business!
 She would pull out one or two seeds at a time and throw them in the trash. Unless she dropped them on the floor. Then she would spend a few minutes trying to pick the seed back up.
 "Hmmm, not bad I suppose."
We were not very creative this year. I carved a chipped tooth smiley for Reagan that matched her teeth, and I carved my pumpkin into....a pumpkin. 
 
Lance's was the best (not that there was much competition) with a pacman theme. 

 Then finally, the big day was here! We went trick or treating right at 6:30 while it was still light, so we could pass out candy afterwards. Reagan got geared up to go and made sure she was fully hydrated before Lance got home.
 Then we hit the streets!
 Double prize- rocks AND candy! Win!
 This house has some creepy decorations that fascinated Reagan.
 The fairest Tinkerbell fairy of them all!
 At the last house we went to, they didn't answer, and Reagan was so disappointed.
 But that wore off quickly once we got home and she checked out her bounty (most of which we gave away a few hours later when we ran out).
 "Check this out, Mom!'
 "Did I get it all?" I don't know, better shake the bag out to make sure.
 Wrapped candy tastes the best- dig in!
 And we ended the night with a bajillionth reading of Reagan's favorite book, snuggled up on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment