We turned Valentines Day into a 2 day event at our house. Friday morning, Lance and I exchanged flowers, gifts, sweets and treats. I got beautiful roses, a flower plant, and cupcakes and cake bites from the Sweet Tooth Fairy. Lance got lots of snacks from the health food store (he was thrilled) and a book series he wanted.
Reagan and Daryn got a balloon. Well, actually, it was for me, but they commandeered it.

And then about 2 minutes after I took these pictures, I accidentally popped it, so Lance had to bring them home another.
The girls and I spent the day at home enjoying our treats, and then Meagan and Grace came to babysit so Lance and I could go to dinner. I met him in Salt Lake at one of our favorite restaurants, La Jolla Groves. YUM. We had a lovely dinner and then came home and redboxed Ender's Game. Saturday morning we had some fun planned for the kids. Meagan and Grace spent the night and Genevieve and the kids came over early and we made a round 2 Valentines breakfast! Homemade heart-shaped buttermilk waffles, syrup, strawberries and whipped cream. Delicious and festive. And then after some downtime and playtime, the kids got to roll out, cut out, sprinkle, frost and eat some sugar cookies! A big hit.
I think we were all riding a sugar high by the afternoon and ready to crash. Thank goodness for 3 day weekends!



No comments:
Post a Comment