Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pre-Halloween

Round 2 with Sharon was even more fun than the first time, because Halle was here to play!

These girls:
Nothing like a rousing round of peek-a-boo

 While they were here Friday morning, we decided to check out Black Island Farms, since I'd heard such good things. We were... less than thrilled. Maybe the haunted stuff is good? The kids' activities left much to be desired. They did have some fun, but I think we'll stick with Thanksgiving Point from now on. Lesson learned!
 It was basically just slides, with a couple other things thrown in. And you could only get up the slides by climbing up big nets on the back! Of course, neither Halle nor Daryn could do that on their own, so we spent a while handing them up on the short slide.
 I attempted to take all 3 girls up the bigger slide, but even Reagan couldn't make it up the huge net on the back, so I half carried/dragged them up. Super fun...
 Honestly I think this empty silo thing was their favorite part.
 A few other odds and ends, like chimes, a tunnel, tires, and a corn box.
 Oh, and let's not forget the "cow train" tractor ride that went out in a dirt patch and back. :). There was a big black tunnel slide that Reagan and I went down a couple times that was pretty cool. But overall, not worth the $20 it cost me to get in. At least now we know!

Saturday was our ward Trunk-or-Treat. It was so warm, Daryn got to wear the Tinkerbell costume I made for Reagan a couple years ago. Cutest little fairy!
 After one trip around to the cars, the girls we happy enough to climb into the back and examine (with their mouths) their spoils.

Sunday evening we had a little birthday party for Halle, who will be two in a couple weeks, and Monday morning we squeezed in a trip to the pool and Chick-fil-a before it was time to say goodbye. We distracted our girls with carving pumpkins! Lance and I were pretty tired so we chose our two smallest...
Mine and Daryn's:
 Final product: sweet and simple!
Now we are really ready for Halloween! Bring on the parties and the (rest of the) candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment