The girls wanted to be Elsa and Anna for Halloween this year (shocking) so we all decided to go with the theme!
Lance was Kristoff, I was Sven (the reindeer), and the new baby was Olaf! (You can see her costume if you look closely at my tummy). Our costumes were a big hit with the girls.
Our week was full of Halloween! Even though Lance and I caught bad colds at the beginning of the week, and had lots of meetings, we squeezed in carving pumpkins! (It was close- we almost didn't make it!). The pumpkins we grew in our garden by accident we interesting on the inside- very thick and dry strings, with almost no goop or seeds. They were pretty easy to clean out!
The girls did a great job- they both cleaned out their pumpkins and sorted out the seeds almost completely on their own! Daryn really didn't have a choice- I cut her lid so small by accident that she was the only one who could reach her hand in. She was a good sport about it.
Reagan wanted hers to look exactly like her trick or treating pumpkin, and I think Lance did a pretty good job.
Mine had a baby pumpkin inside, and all Daryn asked for was hearts on hers, so she got the 😍 emoji.
Reagan had her Halloween preschool program on Thursday. They sing a million Halloween songs, and it's so stinking cute.
And then trick-or-treating around the classroom, of course. She had her leotard on under her costume because it was straight to ballet after!
And then Thursday night was our trunk-or-treat! Daryn was so excite to finally put her costume on. She loved the little pink cape with it- she said "I'm Super Anna!" And she literally made us call her Anna anytime she was wearing it.
Cutest princesses ever.
The trunk or treat was chilly, but at least it stopped raining before it was time to go get the candy!
Friday was a chill recovery day before the big day itself, but I did pull out some energy to make orange pumpkin-shaped chocolate chip pancakes.
Reagan tried to eat them with her monster teeth in.
Saturday, everyone was finally all better and we were ready to go! We spent the whole morning/afternoon in the yard, clearing out the garden, etc, until Grace and Meagan got there around 4. Then it was time for costumes and trick-or-treating!
I've never seen such gorgeous girls before!
They were all pros at this by this point, and even Daryn squeaked out a "trick or treat", "thank you", and "Happy Halloween!" at almost every door. I wanted to die. I could listen to her little 2 year old voice for ever.
It was a beautiful evening to be out. The girls made it around probably 2/3 of our neighborhood block before it started to get dark and chilly, and they were tired and hungry.
So we called it quits and skipped home for pizza, Halloween shows, and candy! The perfect evening :).



















No comments:
Post a Comment