Sunday, June 30, 2019

June

Well, against all odds, we finally made it to the end of June. I thought it would never come. Longest and hardest month of my life, for sure. It was a struggle, but we still found some good times in the midst of Daryn's recovery. 

After coming home, she slowly felt a little better each day. Her cousins sent a care package and these mustaches really lifted spirits.

She felt well enough to go to her last tball game, hit the ball, and walk slowly around the bases. 

And to attend her first weekly cooking class with Maddie!

Reagan has art class at the same time.

I took all the kids to Salt Lake to meet Lance and so Reagan could get her ears pierced (an early birthday present).

Before and during:
She was a little nervous but very brave.

After:


Feeling better every day!

She was even up for a scooter ride eventually- she's committed to getting stronger. 

I bought passes for Reagan and I to go rock climbing this summer. It's a forgotten hobby of mine and Reagan is a natural- she flies up the wall and really loves it. It's been so fun having her for a climbing buddy!

They must be related...

Reagan took a sewing camp and learned how to use a sewing machine. She made a pillowcase, a heart pillow, and a drawstring bag. I was so impressed!


As you can see, she also had a mishap. She was "practicing swinging without holding on" - don't even get me started. She flipped backwards off the swing (of course) and ended up with a very small buckle fracture. They actually couldn't even tell for sure if it was broken for a week. 

I thought for sure our summer plans were toast (goodbye, rocking climbing buddy) but it turns out she can still do basically everything with it on- including rock climbing! Can't keep this girl down. We bought a waterproof cover but haven't done swimming anyway because of Daryn's recovery. So far the worst part is I have to help her shower and the itching. 

After a week her pink cast was coming apart and they had to do another x-ray to confirm the break, so they took it off and then we ended up with a blue cast for the next two weeks. 

We got a new fence on the side of our yard to replace the wood one that was falling down and it was the most exciting thing to ever happen to the girls. They spent multiple days on out there non-stop, talking the workers' ears off. They love a captive audience. 

Aunt Cassidy and baby cousin Travis came for a visit! It was so fun to meet this little cutie. I forgot how much work babies are!


We went to Temple Square to visit while they were here.


The next morning Reagan and I went back again to attend Music and the Spoken Word. We watch it every Sunday morning and she's been asking to go for years. Now that she was 8, she could finally go! It was an awesome experience. 


Helping a neighbor friend walk her dog.

Daddy rescued a baby bird from the window well! He's such a softie. 

Daryn practiced her photography skills and took these adorable pictures.


Reagan and I got attend Activity Day camp (me as a leader, her as a member) and it was so fun. Lots of new things to try!



I  love this group of girls!

Lance had a good time with the younger kids and even made it to the park! (More than I can say these days...)

 I was at Target late one night and it's possible that I was just tired, but this reminder made me laugh and laugh.

These girls are adorable but so silly sometimes. 


Even with a cast on, she can climb better than me.

Lots of sweet cherries from our tree finally! This was 1/4 approximately of what's on the tree.

Facepainting at a fundraiser while Reagan was at a birthday party.

 Getting our patriotic look on. We're ready for July! (In more ways than one.)


Daryn had one of her tubes removed last week and we are now using a catheter to empty her bladder every two hours. This is our new normal and for now, it's seems her surgery was very successful! We are so grateful she has to opportunity to stay dry. Time to turn our faces to the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment