Meagan babysat MLK weekend and we went on a date. We finally got to try a restaurant that opened a couple years ago nearby, HuHot. It was super yummy. And then we saw the new Tom Hanks movie, which was pretty good. The kids had tons of fun at home.
Apparently dress up was the order of the day.
Don't ask.
The next day, it finally snowed enough to go sledding (kind of). We were worried we wouldn't get another chance so we jumped on it. Pretty tame but that's actually how they like it.
Dixie's first time and she liked it pretty well.
Blade was a huge fan even though we had to coax him the first few times.
That day was also National Pie and we celebrated in style with chicken pot pie and cherry pie. You really can't go wrong with pie.
The next few weeks ended up being pretty cold and snowy (although, as I predicted, we haven't had another chance to sled yet). Lots of time indoor play and snuggling.
This is Daryn's butterfly that she painted at school. Her name is Tasha.
It may be winter, but a little snow doesn't stop me from walking!
Or Blade from chasing the garbage truck down the street to wave.
Snow play time while Lance and Reagan were at her robotics competition one Saturday. Her team took 2nd!
Those January sunsets are something else. And we get to see lots of them driving home from karate!
I made groundhogs out of nutter butters and marshmallows for Groundhogs day. It's about as creative as I get.
Reagan painted this beautiful garden marker rocks to donate to the Ogden Nature Center where she volunteered. They turned out so great!
Super Bowl Sunday! We were way more interested in the food than the game so we made it all and watched The Cokesville Miracle.
Daryn drew this adorable sketch of Daddy when he still had glasses in the shower.
Comparing arms/hands. We worry sometimes about how slender and almost frail Daryn is (middle).
She was super brave getting her blood drawn yet again for a drs appointment.
I love my walks with the kids. Best part of my day. One time Blade just sat down on the sidewalk. I asked him what he was doing and he said "I'm sliding, Mommy." OK, buddy.
Maddie and I had an extensive conversation about unicorns on this walk.
Reagan got 3rd place in her school's Invention Convention for her science project Grime Slime- slime that cleans!
Trying Dad's shoes on for size.
Is it spring yet?
















































No comments:
Post a Comment