Sunday, April 18, 2010

Under 2 weeks!!!!

The good news is, I survived my wisdom teeth removal. Barely. Actually, it really wasn't that bad. I was only on pain meds for a day and a half. Lance was sooo sweet and took really good care of me. He even wrote a blog because I asked him to. What a sweetheart. Anyway, here are a few other updates from the past couple weeks:

Bridal showers:
Marissa threw me pretty much the best bridal shower EVER. All my friends/roommies/sisters that were in town came (and others were very much missed). I got fantastic presents (lots of cute lingerie!) and we played fun games like Kelly Scene-It and the Lance/Kelly answer match game. We also burned our kissing map with stickers on all the states where the boys we kissed were from. It was a great way to move on from the past....

My aunts also threw me a really great shower for all the extended family that I have in Provo. I got so much great kitchen stuff including a pizza stone, dutch oven, ice maker, donut cutter-- all traditional Larsen favorites. Yum!

My 21st birthday was also a few weeks ago. Lance and I celebrated it quietly, but he did make me an angel food cake and decorated my kitchen! We went to dinner and saw a movie later on. He also got me the cutest present: a blanket that has a baby picture of me woven in to it. It was so unique and matches one that he received as a present a while ago. I think we are going to display both of them at the reception.

Easter/General Conference. Awesome. I LOVE Easter. It has always been my favorite holiday. Celebrating it with Lance was the best. We made Easter baskets for each other, dyed hard boiled eggs, and even made a Easter bunny house! (kind of like a gingerbread house...new tradition? I think so.) We has a delicious Easter dinner with Shay and Britta (Lance's brother and wife) and Stuart and Genevieve. We also really enjoyed General Conference. I managed to stay awake for almost all the sessions, and Lance loved priesthood session.

I am soo happy that I am finally done with school! I took my last final yesterday and I just have to finish writing one paper. It feels great. Now I can focus on work, moving, and wedding stuff! We are almost done with everything! There are just a million little details that need to fall into place. It's actually really starting to stress me out, especially because I can't control everything. But I'm so excited about it all.

Bad news: I'm worried about BYU football. Lance and I went to the Blue and White scrimmage last weekend. It went okay, but most of the team is just so inexperienced and we don't even know who the quarterback will be. And the real blow: Harvey Unga is withdrawing from BYU. NOOOOOO!!!!! He was pretty much the glue (and the talent) of the team. He and he girlfriend are withdrawing for "honor code violations." Guesses anyone? I'm so upset. It's going to be painful next season.

Today was my last Sunday in a BYU singles ward. What a sad part of my life to end... NOT. I realized that I managed to make it 3 years without ever having to give a talk one. How lucky. Lance and I are going to visit our new ward next Sunday. I'm so excited-- it's a family ward!

My friend/roommate Annie (who would have been the 6th bridesmaid) left on her mission this past week. I miss her already. She is going to be awesome.

Yesterday Lance and I went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point for the first time. It was really really beautiful. There were so many unique flowers that I had never seen before. Unfortunately we don't have a working camera right now so we didn't take any pictures except this one on my phone of super mini daffodils! So cute!

Clearly, we have been super busy the past few weeks, and it's only going to get worse I think. Tomorrow after work I have dentist and shopping to do, and I'm going to start moving my stuff into Lance's condo! Honestly I can't wait to get out of this house... Next week can't come too soon! I'm going home in nine days....can't wait to see my family!!

Wow long post. Sorry folks :)

3 comments:

  1. Um....you misled me. I was only implied once. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are included in family. Mentioned at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...glad I won't be here to hurt over the football thing

    ReplyDelete