First of all, our wedding day was perfect. I could not have asked for anything better. We were worried all week because it was supposed to be raining (we even bought a really cute umbrella we could use in pictures if we had to), but it was beautiful and sunny the whole day. That morning was crazy; I had to get up at 6:30 to make sure I was ready on time. I spent the whole morning rushing around (thanks to Marissa and Becca for being the best bridesmaids and dutifully helping me!). We got to the temple at one, and our sealing was at two. The ceremony was beautiful, but I don't remember much about it. We were so glad that many of our family members and friends could be there with us. After the sealing in the temple, I changed into my wedding dress and Lance and I came out of the temple. I actually found out later that he came out without me to shave beforehand:(. Anyway, walking out of the temple with my husband was the best feeling I have ever felt.
I was so impressed with our bridesmaids and groomsmen- they were so patient! By the time we were finished we were exhausted but barely had time to grab some Burger King and head straight to the reception.
The reception was amazing. SO much better than I could have imagined.
We didn't really have a receiving line, but instead just wandered around talking to guests. We had our first dance as a couple to our song, "Two is Better Than One".
Lance taught me how to two-step and I didn't even mess up!
Then we had a father-daughter dance, which was great. My parents are amazing. They helped out so much with everything.
My dad even built us a mini wishing well to put cards in which in now on our front porch and I will keep forever.
Our cake was beautiful, with our awesome Mr. and Mrs. Smith-style cake topper-- perfect for us.
Luckily Lance was a gentleman and didn't shove it in my face.
We also did the bouquet and garter toss, which was a lot of fun.
All the wedding flowers turned out BEAUTIFUL, which was good because I really wasn't sure how they were going to look, but I loved them.At the reception my father-in-law also sang 3 George Strait songs (he is a King George impersonator) which were great. We actually started a spontaneous line dance to one-- that's what you get with a bunch of Texans in the room! He also sang "I Cross My Heart" which Lance and I slowed danced to. It was soo romantic. I have never been so happy before. We are so grateful to all our friends and family, they did so much to help us, especially our grandparents who put in so much effort to be there. We ended up leaving the reception around 9:45.
It was so much fun. Lance and I stayed in the honeymoon suite at a hotel near the airport that night. We had to get up at 5:30 the next morning to catch our shuttle to the airport. The day was a fairy tale but very long and we were so tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment