Soo.....life has just been absolutely crazy since the moment Lance and I stepped off the plane back into Utah. Not only did we have all the typical post wedding to-do lists and stress, but we were also totally stuck in vacation mode! Fortunately, we both took a couple days off work to just run errands and try to get things in order. We had a ton of unwrapping and unpacking to do, which took a couple days on its own. Other things we accomplished on our list: legal name change, new phone/Verizon account, organizing house, bank account changes, cleaning, school items, exchanging/returning gifts and completing our registry, shower and wedding and birthday and graduation presents for friends and family, internet in the condo, insurance, paying of student loans, grocery shopping, taking care of miscellaneous wedding items, etc. That's not even everything. I know its not. I just cant think of anything else right now. On top of all of that, we got asked to help with the Webelos cub scouts every week right after we got back. So far that has been a little intimidating, but we are trying. There is lots of other church stuff to do as well. It seems like there are never enough hours in the day. On top of trying to get all of that done, we have both been working full time (ok, I never really get in a full 40 hour week. But I try.) Lance and I are having a blast though. It is so much fun setting up our new home. We have so many plans and dreams for our future. We can't wait until we have a house with a yard and a garden. Right now the condo we are living is works great though-- we feel very blessed to be so fortunate.
Amidst all the craziness of the past few weeks, Lance and managed to go down to Texas for Memorial day weekend to hang out with Lance's family and our sister-in-law Britta's family, who was visiting too. It was such a blast, even though we were only there for two and a half days. It was a much needed break. The only downside was the while we were traveling there, my keys were stolen out of my luggage at the airport. Sad, I know. So we worried about our car and condo the whole time we were gone, but thankfully everything was safe. We still had to replace everything on my keychain though, which started to get expensive (do you know how much car keys cost??!).I curled my hair that morning but we can't tell because of the Texas humidity.
While we were there, Joy and Brent's glass table snapped right in half! Too many people leaning on one side looking at photos.... Lance's mom captured us dancing in the middle of a Texas thunderstorm. We just couldn't help it; it was so romantic.
The great news is, this is my last week of work! Next Monday, full-time summer classes start for me. Although my feelings about that may change in the next couple weeks- I am taking a pretty full load so I can try to graduate sooner. So I have about a million things I am trying to finish before classes start. There are still some things in the condo that need to be organized, thank you notes to be written (slowly but surely working on it!), plants to plant, pictures to take care of (hopefully wedding pictures by the 26th!!), and lots of other things to get down. I am trying not to get overwhelmed and to take it one step at a time. To-do lists have been my best friend for the past 6 months, and I know they wont let me down now! Wish us luck with everything going on, we may need it!
PS I am going to be an aunt again at the end of the year, I am absolutely thrilled, and I am positive that its going to be a boy. We find out July 8th. Just wanted to state my official opinion. :)
That's right you're thrilled! And keep those fingers crossed for a boy.....Andrew is!
ReplyDeleteFYI - you need to update the heading on your blog....
ReplyDelete