We went camping up in Provo Canyon the weekend before the Fourth. Lance knew a really cool spot right by the river. It was beautiful and we had a great time, even though Lance cut his finger pretty bad. Good thing he had his first aid kit. It's almost healed now. We also hiked Stewart Falls for the second time about a month ago. We found the tree were Lance carved our names last October, which was actually the first time we ever talked about getting married. Time flies :). It was a great hike.
This weekend we celebrated Marissa's 21st birthday! Since she refuses to ever actually let me celebrate with her on her actually birthday, we had to put it off a couple days. We went to Seven Peaks Water Park with her and Andy. We had an absolute blast, even though Lance and I got sunburned pretty bad. Why the heck do we go tanning then? Useless.
We found out a couple weeks ago that my sister Sharon is having a baby girl!! Even though I was convinced it would be a boy I am sooo excited. She and Andrew are coming out here for a weekend in August and I am throwing her a shower! Everyone is invited :). I made her some adorable burp rags on my new sewing machine (easy enough for an amateur like me) and I also just finished making her a baby quilt. It is super cute (denim, pink and green) but I don't have any pics yet. Right now I am working on making a matching pillow with the extra fabric. I can't wait to have another niece.
We finally got our wedding pictures and printed and hung them around the house. I love them. I finished the wedding photo album but I'm still working on the scrapbook. Lots of pictures.
This week Lance's parents are coming to visit. I am excited but have a ton to do, especially cleaning. They are actually staying up in Park City to watch our niece Gracie for the weekend. PS we also have our first nephew, Cal Johnny Brunson. He is so adorable. Good job Shay and Britta. I can't wait to meet him.
I have so much going on this week with school too. Finals are only a couple weeks away and there is lots to do. I suspect we will be very busy for a while! But we are absolutely loving life. We are the luckiest :)
Yay for blog updates! And your new header picture is AWESOME!!! The baby head-butted me last night...I figure either she doesn't like me, is trying to play, or wants to come out. Either way, she's excited to see you in a couple of weeks :)
ReplyDeletewhat the crap face? how long has this post been? I cannot believe i'm so behind. well i loved it. and the shout out. i love blogs. i may have to sneak on it on the mish. ok that's blasphemy. you wanna know what else is blasphemy? how long it has been since i've showered. gotta go be clean. peace out. i miss you.
ReplyDelete