Monday, October 18, 2010

Spirit of the Season!

Lance and I have totally gotten into the Halloween spirit. I LOVE fall, and everything that comes with it. But mostly I love pumpkins. We set up an awesome Halloween display on our porch the first weekend of October, and tonight we carved pumpkins!
Our scarecrow used to have a face but day after we created him (mostly out of stuff from DI) it rained super hard and ruined it. So we just put his hat over the face.
Its fun watching Lance-- he gets all into it and is such a perfectionist, whereas I usually give up about halfway through. So I never do complicated designs.
The finished product. Lance's is the big one, and I did the other two.
All lit up!
We are also looking forward to spring, and a couple weekends ago we got super dirty and planted a bunch of tulip and daffodil bulbs. It took forever because our soil is so rocky. I hope its not too much for the poor bulbs. I cant wait till they bloom! Only 5 more months....
(Autumn) Season's Greetings! Enjoy the month-- I know we will.
(ok no makeup folks)

3 comments:

  1. What a cute Halloween display! Super proud of you two and how you're finally making that condo into a home Kelly! Can't wait to see pics of the flowers in Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me miss last year and yours and Lance's great decorations. and our chalk steps. that's all i miss about that house. ok a few other things but still. you complete me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss you guys sooooooooo much already :(

    ReplyDelete