Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It's my birthday and I'll watch my best friend puke if I want to

Boy has it been a busy week! To start off, last weekend my mom and brother were in town, stopping on there way to Oregon. Reagan was so excited to have another grandma to play with, and equally as excited to have a silly uncle who got all her jokes.
As soon as they got in on Saturday, we put them right to work. We had lots of yard work that had to been done, and they were lucky enough to be able to participate.  Lance and Eric cut down and stacked trees...
While Reagan, Mom, and I swung. 

 Just kidding, the swinging was actually on Sunday. We trimmed and weeded. (Wode?)
 The day they left, Monday, we had a huge windstorm. The neighbors trampoline blew onto another neighbor's deck!
 Since our washer and dryer still haven't arrived, it was back to the laundromat again this week. While our clothes were washing, Reagan and I headed over to the park to feed the ducks. She was quite entranced with them, and they were fairly friendly.
After waiting and waiting, the weekend was finally here! My birthday! I love my birthday, not least because it means Lance and I are once again only 7 years apart, instead of 8. Reagan was very sweet to me on my birthday. She even helped me unload the dishwasher!
 Friday night, Marissa and Chase babysat so Lance and I could go on a date. We went to Tucanos (that's right, 3 months in a row. Goodbye Tucanos, see you next January.) and then saw The Hunger Games. Loved it. Lance gave me my gift at dinner, a beautiful dark pearl necklace to match the ring he got me for Christmas. He has excellent taste. He also got me a bag full of caramels with a not on each one saying something he loved about me. And to top it off, he wrote me the sweetest cards. One from him, one from Reagan. I am a lucky girl. We came home and had birthday cake with Marissa and Chase. (I dressed down).

 Saturday, Lance's sister babysat so we could go to Lagoon with Marissa and Chase! It was sooo much fun. It was the first day it opened, and the lines were awesome. I don't think we ever waited more than 15 minutes. The weather was beautiful, and we had such a blast. Literally. Some of us blasted the food from our stomachs. Ahem.
 We got home just in time for Lance to head over to Priesthood session of Conference. It was the best birthday ever. I had so much fun, thanks to amazing friends and family! We were so tired Sunday, it was nice to veg out and watch conference all day- we had to make up for the missed Sat sessions. Now it's back to the grindstone. Got lots to do to get ready for Marissa's bridal shower and Easter this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. yes... it is wode. and i do feel honored to be your blog title!! oxoxooxoxo

    ReplyDelete