Lance wasn't too excited about his 31st birthday last Thursday, but I tried my best to hype it up. Unfortunately, the whole week was one long series of hiccups. (Not literally, thank goodness. I hate having the hiccups.) It was just a very busy week for me, with lots going on, and I got more and more stressed as the week went on. I've actually blocked out a lot of what was bothering me now, so I'll just share as much as I can remember. First of all, the snow. The huge snowstorm that came in on Thursday afternoon put a dent in our plans. Luckily we were just planning on staying in Thursday night with a little party, but the roads were so bad that Lance took the train home rather than drive, and it was running very late, and I had to leave in the middle of making dinner to go pick him up from the station. Dinner to FOREVER to make (I was trying 3 new recipes requested by Lance. Never again. One at a time if I don't know what I'm doing). So we didn't end up eating till almost 8, and then Reagan had to go straight to bed. Luckily Lance had opened his presents at breakfast that morning, so Reagan got to help. He got a water filter from himself, the last Wheel of Time book from me (that just came out), a mug from Reagan with herself on it, and a shirt from his parents.
Low key, but I think he appreciated it. After Reagan went to bed, Lance went out to shovel snow, then we enjoyed some birthday carrot pudding.
Unfortunately, Lance has this weird thing where he can only have so much dairy or he has a bad allergic reaction. Apparently the cheesy potatoes I made, combined with his sandwich at lunch, really put him over the edge and he got horrible hives on his legs, ankles, and even his eye started swelling shut. I was mentally preparing to take him to the ER, but after an hour or so they started going back down. Yikes...
Friday night we had plans to go out on a date. We had reservations at a nice restaurant and bought our IMAX movie tickets for the Hobbit in advance. Meagan was coming down from Park City with Grace to babysit. Because of the snow, she got a late start, and it took twice as long to make the drive. So by the time I got going to meet Lance in Salt Lake, it was 3 minutes from the time we were supposed to be at the restaurant. I was so sad, (I blame pregnancy hormones), but Lance went online to find another place we could eat at quickly, and lo and behold, La Jolla Groves (one of our favorite places to eat in Provo) just opened up right next to the theater! It was a post-Christmas miracle! The place was nearly deserted because apparently they haven't even had their grand opening yet, so we got great (and quick) service and the food hit the spot! We even finished earlier than necessary to make the movie! After sitting through (and enjoying) the long movie, we were both tired, but still had to make the drive home in the snow. Of course, we pulled onto the interstate right behind 3 snowplow going around 35 mph. Lance finally found a place to pass them about halfway home, and then we got pulled over because apparently that isn't allowed. But we finally made it home safe and sound, shortly after midnight.Whew. Luckily Meagan and Grace had planned on staying the night, so they didn't have to drive home. We ended up having a wonderful date, despite all the stress and last minute changes. And now Lance is 31. 1/3 of the way done, if all goes according to plan :)
Pulled over for that? Hahahahaha what????
ReplyDeleteHas anyone ever mentioned that Lance looks like Tom Cruise? Maybe I just see it because we've been watching the Mission Impossibles. PS yay for having another baby!!
ReplyDelete