Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Baby

Now that everyone knows our exciting baby news, I can finally blog about it! Reagan is so excited to be a big sister, she wanted to be the one to announce it to our families (although she may or may not be under the impression that there is a baby in all of our tummies, including hers...)! So we made her this shirt.
She wore it with pride, even when doing naughty things like climbing on tables. 
 

I'm really excited about the baby too, especially now that I'm in the second trimester, and my appetite and energy are coming back! I didn't have morning sickness too badly, and actually haven't thrown up at all yet, but I ate hardly anything and was exhausted all the time (Thanksgiving almost killed me). I haven't gained any weight (lost about 5 lbs), but my tummy is definitely getting bigger. It only goes downhill from here.

 Here I am at almost 12 weeks,

And this was this past Sunday. I'm officially 15 weeks today.

 I have an awesome doctor who does frequent ultrasounds, so these are from my last appointment at 12 weeks. Isn't she (he) so cute! (In my mind it's a girl.) Look at that profile! And tiny hand!
We wanted our kids to be at least 2 years apart  and, ironically, our due date is June 25th, the exact same as Reagan's, but she was born on the 21st. Hopefully we can at least make it through Reagan's birthday. I'm pretty sure I can hold the baby in.

We had a quiet New Years Eve in last night, since Reagan has been cutting her first molars and not feeling well, but we did get her dressed up all fancy and set off some fireworks. She was suitably impressed. Since Lance didn't have to work today, we stayed up till midnight watching a redbox and  toasted with sparkling cider. 
I'd say we successfully rang in the new year for the last time as a family of 3.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you guys! :) P.S. I love Reagan's New Year's Eve dress! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete