First of all, I should have enjoyed my precious little snugglebug more when I could. Thursday night she looked like this, in her patriotic little preemie pjs:

But Friday morning, after her orthopedic appointment, she looked like this:
She has to wear this full body harness that keeps her legs at 90 degree angles for 23 hours a day to correct her hip dysplasia (a byproduct of the cloacal exstrophy). Basically we take it off to change her clothes and bathe her. I hate it :( It looks so uncomfortable, but she doesn't seem to mind too much. Hopefully she will only have to wear it for a few months. Meanwhile, no pants or footie pajamas around here. Lucky we have so many nightgowns and onesies.
Anyway, despite being thrown for a curve by the harness, we celebrated Fathers Day in style- with lots of yummy food! Saturday we hung out around the house, played in Reagan's pool, grilled bacon cheeseburgers, and enjoyed this beauty:
Homemade strawberry rhubarb pie. YUM. Lance's first time eating a rhubarb pie and definitely not the last.
Sunday morning Reagan and I (and my mom) got up bright and early-ish to make breakfast for Lance. Reagan got to stir, so she was happy.
After breakfast and presents (a card, framed photo, and a raincheck to go see the new Superman movie), these little girls got dressed up all pretty! Even though Daryn had to stay home form church with Grandma (it will be a while...), she still wanted to get in the festive spirit.
And of course Reagan and Daddy were best buds at church, like always.
We finished off the weekend with a fantastic steak dinner and more pie. They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! Luckily I've already got his heart, but hopefully it showed a little bit of the love and appreciation I have for this incredible husband of mine. He is the very best father I know, and my heart smiles every time I see him teach Reagan something new or rock Daryn to sleep and then some because he hasn't seen her all day, or get up in the middle of the night to feed the little one or take the big one to the potty. He is so selfless, and I'm so grateful to have him by my side at the head of our growing family. :)
Speaking of growing, Daryn weighed in at a whopping 5 lbs even this morning at her doctor's appointment! How exciting! I can't believe how fast she is growing and even though I want her to, part of me is sad she wont always be my teeny tiny baby that curled up on my chest. Soon she wont fit in her preemie clothes, and I bet I'll cry when I put them away. But life goes on, and life is so good :)




No comments:
Post a Comment