Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Busy Weekend

Last weekend was a crazy one but a great one! I was pretty much gone from the house from breakfast till bedtime 2 days in a row. Which is not super easy with a toddler and a newborn. But we all survived, and even had some fun! And only a few meltdowns...

Things started bright and early when I dropped Lance off at work and then took Daryn to her doctor appointment in Salt Lake. Luckily Meagan was able to meet me there and pick Reagan up and take her back to Park City. It was a cold morning and when I opened Daryn's carseat cover she was all snuggled up!
 Her appointment went pretty well and when I left she looked like this!
 No more harness! Her hip dysplasia has been corrected; unfortunately, she still has to have hip surgery next summer because her hip sockets face backwards. Thanks, cloacal exstrophy! The gift that keeps on giving! Anyway, if all goes well we wont be back at Primary Children's until mid-December! Which is truly a miracle considering the ridiculous amount of times we have been there in the past 4.5 months. 

After her appointment, I met Lance at the City Creek Cheesecake Factory for a yummy lunch! We have to take advantage of the lack of a wiggly 2 year old. Since dates are pretty much non-existent at this point, it was nice to squeeze one in. After lunch I was off to Park City to pick up Reagan. When the cruising range on the car got down to 0 miles, I figured I better get gas. While I was filling up, a moose walked though the parking lot! No, that's not a statue. .  
 After getting Reagan, it was down to Springville for little Jimmy's first birthday party. The drive through Provo Canyon was gorgeous and colorful and the girls got a good nap and we were only 30 minutes late! It was so fun to see Marissa and Becca and the kiddos! Daryn and Capri and destined to be best friends. I hope.
 Jimmy did a great job on his cake. :)
 What a bunch of cuties!
 We left the party at 5:15, thinking that would be plenty of time to pick Lance up at 6:30. Unfortunately, I forgot about conference weekend mission reunion traffic. It was horrible. I don't want to talk about it. But I will. It took us over 2 hours to get to Salt Lake. Around 6:45, the girls were both so mad and tired and hungry and sick of being in their carseats that they were just screaming and crying and I had to pull over in the Fazolis parking lot to feed Daryn and take Reagan to the bathroom. We finally got Lance at 7:30 (hey, it's not like he didn't have work to keep him busy) and were home by 8. While we whipped up some food, Daryn got to sit in the bumbo for the first time. A big hit!
 After cleaning up the house and out the diaper bags, and a late feeding for Daryn, we crashed because we had to be up early the next morning. Of course, we woke up late and scrambled to get out of the house by 8 because we had to drop Reagan of at Genevieves in  Clinton (north of us) and then be in Salt Lake by 9. Lance and I were headed back to Primary Children's with Daryn for a Spina Bifeda Education Day. Technically, Daryn has spina bifeda occulta, but it's essentially asymptomatic. However, spina bifeda has a lot in common with cloacal exstrophy in terms of care and expectations. So we were able to learn a lot and pick up some useful tips. After a long day at the hospital, we left a little early and drove over to a chapel a few blocks from Temple Square for Annie's baby Jody's baby blessing! She was in town for a few days and it was so nice to see her and meet Jody! What a cutie! Can't believe I didn't get a picture. But she has tons of hair and Daryn was a little jealous. After the baby blessing it was off to pick Reagan up and then finally back home, just in time for Lance to watch Priesthood session of conference. Thank goodness it was broadcast this year. After a very busy couple of days, Lance and I were so excited for Sunday when we could just lay on the couch and watch Conference all day. It was just what we needed- family time and a strong dose of the Spirit!



And to finish it off, a few pictures from last week! Girl love!
 Matchies :)

2 comments:

  1. Ok yes yes yes! Ps blog post started off with a similar sentence to mine!! Pops the pics! I'm dying! I need Layton closer. The bumbo, pic of you two and Reagan watching conference, and rea hugging daryn! Oh the love!!! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete