According to Lance, anyway. He turned 32 on Friday. I planned out an elaborate surprise evening for us. He thought I was going to a a girl's night and leaving him with both girls and bedtime (no easy task). Like the wonderful husband that he is, he didn't complain and actually insisted that I go. Little did he know, I had other plans. Meagan agreed to watch the girls, and I showed up at Lance's work at 6 pm for our first alone-date in nearly 10 months. I was so nervous about leaving Daryn but she was awesome and Meagan was even more awesome and now I feel a lot better about it. Anyway, so I showed up at Lance's office and he was very surprised to see me, but he was in the middle of a call, so I waited and talked to his partners and waited some more and finally let him know via sticky note that our dinner reservations were in 10 minutes. He was finally able to get off the phone and we were off! Dinner at Ruth's Chris (yuuuum), shopping for new jeans and shoes that he wanted with the gift card I got him (P.S. Shopping with boy is soo easy. I think we were in each store for like 10-15 minutes.), hanging out and having fun, and then going to see Hunger Games: Catching Fire to wind up the night. We didn't get home until 2 am, but it was totally worth it, even if we were exhausted the rest of the weekend. So wonderful to be able to spend some fun quality time together! We were so busy I didn't even take a single picture. Surprise, surprise. However, I did get some pictures of the rest of his 2 day birthday celebration.
Starting the big day off right with breakfast bagels, presents, and two pies (apple and lemon meringue, as requested)
He loved his new bluetooth and survival daily desk calendar. I feel like I'm finally getting good at getting him gifts!
Saturday was Birthday 2.0. We took the girls and went shooting on Stansbury Island in the Salt Lake, and lots of fun was had by all.
We all got to wear our new earmuffs.
And Reagan got to practice shooting her gun, too.
POP!
After a little while, the girls got a little cold/fussy, so I sat in the car with them while Lance finished up practicing. I didn't mind the view. Nothing sexier than a man with a weapon, and he's a pretty good shot!
After shooting, we went to Tucanos for a delicious meal and then home for more pie. And that winds up a prefect birthday weekend celebrating the #1 man of the house (not that there's much competition).












We'll just wonderful!
ReplyDeleteDang auto correct *well
ReplyDelete