There were 3 things that worked together this year to give us the most special of Christmases. Daryn getting her cast off, being home for Christmas for the first time, and a beautiful white Christmas! We were also blessed to be able to spend lots of time with family.
We were able to get together with almost my whole family on the 23rd. The kids loved watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas and hanging out with the grandparents.
The littlest niece. So sweet.
On Christmas Eve we did homemade pizza with Genevieve's family and acted out the Nativity. Our angel was a little sullen...
Later that evening, Santa came and left some wonderful surprises.
Reagan was most thrilled because he remembered hew new blue whistle and colored pencils that she wanted.
But she liked the dollhouse too :)
And she was pleased as punch with all her Frozen things.
When I brought Daryn down first thing in the morning, she immediately saw her rocking dog and said "Puppy! I want! I want!" So cute.
After opening presents, we spent the rest of the day baking in preparation for this:
And pies to top it off. YUM.
The next evening, we went to Stuart and Gen's for dessert round 2, and Daryn fell in love with Navy's new Frozen car. She would not get off.
Finally, Saturday morning, it was time for my parents to leave. So sad to see them go!
But we survived and made it through all of church on Sunday. I even took Daryn to nursery!
For one week, we had both girls in nursery- Reagan starts Sunbeams next week at 3 1/2! Daryn did so great! I stayed in there with her most of the time, but even when I left she was fine. I can't believe how big she is. On a side note, the surgery was great for her vocabulary. She went from about 5 words to 30+. She is officially talking now! And also good timing, because while she was hopped up on pain meds, she popped out all 4 molars. Convenient. Like I said, Best. Christmas. Ever.
















No comments:
Post a Comment