We got to spend a wonderful week in Texas at Lance's parents' over Memorial Day weekend. Playing in the pool, laying in the sun, eating delicious food. It was a dream!
Daryn liked flying in her carseat. I think.
These girls are total water bugs.
We got to spend lots of time with cousin! Cal, Ander, and Shay were there for a day, and then Sharon, Andrew, Eve, Halle, and Abigail drove down from Houston for the weekend!
Girls, girls everywhere :)
They were pretty sill together. One day, after we had already gone swimming earlier that day, the girls slowly worked their way into the pool, fully clothed, until they were completely soaked.
I finally wised up, and just put Daryn straight back in her swim suit after she woke up, to save some time. Also, I have to mention this: Reagan was shedding articles of clothing one by one, until I looked over and she was skinny dipping! Little nudist :).
Lots of play time.
Lots of snuggles.
We had a nice Memorial Day. Lance and I watched Unbroken, which was a pretty good tribute to those who sacrificed so much for our country.
This was so cool- while we were there, we had the chance to go visit a brand new elementary school nearby, named after Lance's grandpa (Joy's father)! He was a much-beloved school superintendent and community figure, and I'm so sad he passed away a few years before I met Lance.
Our last day in the sun:
Ready to go home!
We were flying in right at dusk, and I caught this beautiful view of Mt Timp a few minutes before we landed.
We were so grateful for this chance for a family vacation and to Lance's parents for hosting everyone!
























No comments:
Post a Comment