I can't believe little Maddie is 1/2! It really does go by faster with each baby. I feel like her babyhood is going by so fast! Although Madelyn has been kind of a harder than her sisters (bigger appetite and worse sleeper) she is such a delight at the same time. We all adore her!
At 6 months, Maddie has finally slowed down on the growth a little. She weighs 17 lbs 11 oz (80th %) and is 28 inches long (99th %). She's at least a little closer to the charts than she was before. She wears 9 and 12 month clothing, size 3 diapers, size 1 shoes. She eats every 4 hours during the day and sleeps 12 hours at night (with one late night feeding I still can't kick!). Her naps are hit and miss, especially since we are on such rigid schedules with the big girls.
She has been very busy the past month. She's learning to sit but can't balance on her own for more than a few seconds still.
She's reaching for the phone but I love how it looks like she's taking a selfie.
She has totally mastered rolling back and forth. (It was very disruptive to nap time for a few weeks when she rolled on to her tummy and got stuck. Many, many times.) She also scoots around decently on her back and likes to turn in circles.
She loves to stand and is pretty solid on those little legs.
Maddie's very favorite activities in the whole world are (in this order):
Swinging
Bathtime (she splashes non-stop)
Bouncing (yes, she made the mess in the second pic and chewed up several of my recipes)
And her new favorite, Eating Food. We started letting her have chunks of food on her half birthday and she is in baby heaven. She gums them all down.
First taste: avocado and bell pepper!
So far she likes everything she's tried but pickles and peanut butter especially have been a huge hit.
Little nakey chunk!
Apparently she can give herself bottles. Convenient, when the occasion arises.
Surprisingly, her sisters are still completely obsesses with her. Like, all the time. I guess I can't blame them.
I am, too.
You're halfway there, Madelyn Joy!



























No comments:
Post a Comment