A busy, beautiful month!
The Fairy Festival! Maddie's first time.
She kept trying to worm out of her stroller.
Meeting "real life" fairies!
The State Fair! We got a delicious turkey leg, deep fried cookie dough, and a loaded funnel cake. I'll be serious, I felt a little sick after. The roller coaster didn't help.
Always a good time.
A visit from Gigi and Grandaddy.
Things get a little crazy when they babysit... :) But Lance and I loved the date!
Daryn is loving preschool and brought home this masterpiece!
And loved making making superhero crafts at Layton FEST.
THE STORM
One afternoon this crazy storm rolled in out of nowhere while I was picking Reagan up from school. It was insanity. There trash cans and pieces of buildings and power lines flying all over the road while we trying to get home. A tornado touched down about 15 minutes north of us. We made it home safely and hunkered down. The power was out (of course) so Lance came home early to get the generator running. It cleared up after a couple hours and Lance took Reagan down the street to check on some people. Then the second wave rolled in and it poured all night and the next day. We were without power for 23 hours. Thank goodness for our generator, and the fact that none of our trees or possessions were damaged.
It got pretty chilly without power in our house, so we had to bundle up.
This we just outside our neighborhood.
Driving around town the next day was crazy. So many trees split in half and completely uprooted.
The ward got together the next week for a big clean up activity. We were assigned to this house. You can't see it, but there is a car under those branches.
There it is!
One Sunday we drove up into the mountains to catch some fall colors.
The Layton Fire Station had an open house one night and it was SO much fun.
We got to ride in a fire truck.
Try out a police vest
and their motorcycle.
Fire safety house.
Learning how helmets protect.
You can't see it very well in this picture but there was a triple rainbow!
The girls got to shoot a fire house!
It was a good time and the girls got tons of swag!
At the end of September, I was feeling brave and took the girls to the Star Valley Temple Open House! It was about a 3.5 hour drive, but things went pretty smoothly beside the speeding ticket I got :(. My first ever. The drive up through Idaho was soooo pretty.
Lunch at Burger King before our tour.
A beautiful little temple! We could all feel the Spirit inside (although Daryn denied it and said she only felt sad feelings.. Okay....)
It was a special experience that I hope the girls remember.
Let's see, what else.
I had my first Parent-Teacher conference. Reagan is doing great. She showed my her self-portrait (above and to the right of her).
Picnics at the park.
Daryn and Madelyn are totally adorable.
Although sometimes life is hard...
But overall I'd say its pretty good :).



































































No comments:
Post a Comment