Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Celebrating with the Grandparents

My mom was here to help for the week, and what a fun, busy week it was! Ok actually the week itself was pretty mellow. The girls spent tons of time playing with Grandma- so many hours swinging! And lots of cooking time for Grandma, too. We all appreciated it!

Blade had his 2 week appointment and Lance snapped this adorable shot while waiting.

Also his cord fell off at 2.5 weeks!

So snuggly warm! He did not want to get up when I did. 

Friday was my 29th birthday! I left the girls with Grandma and took Blade along as the 3rd wheel on a date with Lance. Yummy Tucanos with this handsome dude. 

And this adorable fellow! He was very well behaved while we ate. 

Afterwards we stopped by the airport to pick up my dad, who was joining us for the weekend.

Angel food cake and presents when we got home! I am the luckiest. 

Lance got me this for my birthday. Painted by my talented new sister-in-law, Cassidy, and I love it so much!
 Looks perfect in the living room.

Saturday we had lots going on. Easter activities and General Conference! We colored eggs first thing in the morning. Daryn broke 3 of her 6, I believe. She was  crushed every time. 

Madelyn loved it at first but got very upset when she couldn't play with them.

Lots of tiny baby snuggles while watching Conference. It's the best way to pass time. 

In between sessions we did an egg hunt in the backyard.



And the Easter Bunny was busy filling baskets that night while Lance attended Priesthood session with my dad, who was able to get tickets.

The girls were thrilled to find their baskets! Reagan's was hidden in this corned and it took her awhile.

Daryn was tickled pink that hers was hanging from the ceiling. 

Umbrellas and crazy straws from the Easter Bunny!

And Blade got a fancy new playmat!

We had a yummy Easter luncheon in between sessions. 

As afternoon session started, it was time to say goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa and drive them to the airport. Please don't go!

We were listening to Conference in the car and heard the great new announcements about changing programs in the Church. I am so excited for the ways this will bless so many lives! Conference was amazing this weekend and it was incredible to receive such a strong witness of our new prophet, President Nelson. The Spirit was so strong and then Conference ended on the best note ever with the announcement of a temple in our city!! We are thrilled- I can't wait to show the kids every step of the process. Such a blessing. 

 Now that my mom is gone, I am on my own this week with all the kids for Spring Break. It's a little (lot) overwhelming but I'm very grateful to have this guy by my side (and helping with bedtime). Is there anything better than a good man holding his tiny child?
I think not :).

No comments:

Post a Comment