Sunday, June 14, 2020

Daryn's birthday

This girl is 7! What? She's not little anymore! Since her big day was the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, we had lots of time to celebrate.

She settled on german pancakes AND strawberry nutella crepes for breakfast. Delicious and we all enjoyed it. 

The girls disappeared for a few hours after breakfast playing or something. I can't remember. But Blade took the opportunity to play on the tramp and with the Legos uninterrupted.

He always brings me the things he builds and screams with excitement when I ask if he made them. 

Daryn soaked up some extra snuggle time. Best sister ever!

That afternoon, it was time for a party! All of Daryn's presents were hidden inside this new storage bench we got for the porch. 

A new two-wheeled scooter!

We took it out for a walk around the neighborhood, and when we go home, Aunt Meagan was there. Surprise! The kids were thrilled. 

Dixie finally got to meet an extended family member!


Time for cake! I think we maybe did cake first and dinner after. It's quarantine. There are no rules. 

She gave me very specific instructions on how she wanted her cake to look, which I followed with exactness.

It ended up being kind of a late night but no worries, we had nowhere to be the next day. We could relax!

And make puzzles- Daryn had to try out her new one.

And we had leftover birthday cake to celebrate Layton's centennial. Convenient. 

We are so so happy to have this girl in our family. I can't believe it's been 7 years since her traumatic pregnancy and delivery. Her childhood has been better and more normal than I ever could have predicted. She has handled her challenges with grace, courage, and patience. She is an example to all of us of Christlike love. She loves karate, gymnastics, tennis, reading, swimming, and riding her bike (a new skill that she just picked up!). She breezes through chapter books- her favorite is Boxcar Children right now. She makes friends easily and gets along well with almost everyone. She is 42 lbs (10th percentile) and 44 inches (3rd percentile). She wears size 6 or 7 clothes and size 10 or 11 shoes. She is tiny and fierce and determined. 


Here is her birthday survey for this year:
1. What is your favorite color? Hot pink
2. What is your favorite toy? Marble trap
3. What is your favorite fruit? Banana
4. What is your favorite tv show or movie? Lion King 1 ½ and Rescue Riders
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Nachos
6. What is your favorite game? Roller Coaster
7. What is your favorite snack? Oranges
8. What is your favorite animal? Giraffe
9. What is your favorite song? We're Off to See the Wizard
10. What is your favorite book? The Wizard of Oz
11. Who is your best friend? Jackson (he moved a couple years ago and we haven't seen him since...)
12. What is your favorite cereal? Lucky Charms
13. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play in the water
14. What is your favorite drink? Smoothie
15. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
16. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My blanket
17. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Toaster Strudel 
18. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Macaroni and cheese, homemade, and burnt broccoli
19. What do you want to be when you grow up? An astronaut or a doctor
20. I am very proud because… I'm unique
21. I am afraid to … nothing. But I am afraid of the dark
22. Name one thing you do really well? Play piano
23. What is your favorite time of day? The afternoon
24. What makes you feel sad? When I'm alone
25. What makes you feel happy? When I'm not alone
26. Where do you want to go on vacation? Disneyworld
27. What is your favorite thing to do with Mom or Dad? Play

We're so lucky to have her! Maybe next year we can have a big party to celebrate her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment