Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Amarillo

 Daryn, Dixie, and I took a quick trip to Amarillo for my niece Halle's baptism- and Boyd's baby blessing! We almost backed out last minute because Dixie got her first cold (runny nose) (and I kind of wish I did...) but we still had lots of fun!

We woke up VERY early on Friday morning to get to the airport (around 4 am). The girls were champs on the flight out and we got to Denver at 8 am where my parents picked us up for the 8 hour drive.

We got into Sharon's at dinner time and we were glad to be there. After all the kids were in bed, we stayed up late watching the BYU-Boise State game, which was awesome.

I got only a few hours of sleep that night again, so by Saturday I was feeling pretty run down and Dixie wasn't doing great either. She cried all during Halle's baptism- we caught the ordinance but that's about it. At least Daryn got to watch! 

And participate in a special musical number. 

It's hard to believe these girls are only 6 months apart.

The rest of the day is a blur- I think I took a long nap? Seth and I had some good bonding time.

So did Dixie with her grandparents. 

Sunday morning was church and Boyd's baby blessing.

Boyd and Dixie are already besties.

Sharon could totally do twins. And they even move in unison!

After church we had to load up and head out right away to get us to the airport on time. 

But there's always time for pictures!

Daryn was exhausted from all the fun and conked out on the drive back.

The flight back... did not go well... and that's all I have to say about that. We were all glad to be safely back home and only a little worse for the wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment