Thursday, March 11, 2010

How did we get to this point?

Well. I will tell you. Lance and I have a lovely love story. It all started waaay back around the middle of August. I was working on the carpet cleaning crew. We were cleaning the law school library one evening. Since it was during the summer, there were only a few people there, and I didn't pay much attention to any of them. (Although Lance will tell you differently. All lies.)The library closed at 8, so everyone was gone except us and I was having an engaging conversation with my sister-in-law when a man walked up, said "I got a love note for you" and handed me a piece of paper. He walked away before I even had a chance to look at him. The note said: Call me. Name's Lance, with him number and a smiley face. True story. I still have the note. Lance has told me since then that he was checking me out all night, and debating whether or not to give me his number. He is convinced that I was eye flirting with him all night, which is absolutely not true. Anyway, I was naturally curious about this person who handed me the note. I figured he was probably some nerdy law student (not really my type) but I thought since he was brave enough to give me the note I would give him a shot. I texted him a couple minutes later, we texted all evening and then he called and asked me out to dinner for the next day. I agreed, because I still had no idea what he looked like and wanted to find out if he was cute. We were both a little thrown off when we found out there was a 7 year age gap between us, but figured one date couldn't hurt. WE had a quick diner the next day. I was impressed by his maturity, stunning good looks, intelligence, and, of course, his money :). He could help me fulfill my lifelong dream of becoming a trophy wife! Unfortunately for Lance, I was dating/interested in several other guys at that point, so I put him on the back burner for a little bit. We went on a few more dates over the next couple weeks. I was kinda trying to figure out how to let him down easy, but my roommates and friends convinced me to give him a chance (thanks Mitch and Marissa!). Even after our first kiss (5th date maybe?)I still wasn't sure I wanted this to go anywhere, until later that night when we had one of the most intense, personal, and best conversations of my life. That was when I realized I might actually like him. I started to realize that he was actually the most amazing person I had ever met. That is also when he realized he was falling in love with me, but didn't tell me that till later. That was right at the beginning of September. We have seen each other every day since September 4th, became official September 6th, he proposed on December 4th, and we just celebrated our 6 month anniversary last week. I am happier than I have ever been. We are literally counting down the days until we get married and can be together forever!



I apologize for the length and extreme sappiness of this blog. I cannot promise it wont happen again. Read at your own risk.

5 comments:

  1. additional details: (1) I didn't get very much research done that first afternoon/evening, I was so distracted by Kelly, (2) I debated with myself a full 20 minutes or so whether I would talk to her/give her my number and actually almost walked out of the library before turning around and finding something to write on to give her my number, and (3) Kelly is an eye-flirting pro :). Definitely the happiest I've ever been and the best six months of my life by far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Additional, additional details: 5th date my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww yah :) you are gonna be a ridiculous (ridiculously awesome) blogger. i can't wait to creepily follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahahahahahhaha this is marissa on "shelbs" computer and i'm too lazy to sign into my blog and fix it :) ok so yah. this is marissa. the hoe moh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was there...it was creepy...but now it sounds very romantic...good job Lance.

    Additional, additional, additional details:
    I told you not to kiss him until the third date if you ever wanted to marry a rich lawyer. Therefore, I take direct responsibility for all future happiness and you will relinquish your first born child...unless it is a boy, in which case I don't want it, because circumcision freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete