The big news for us this week is that we FINALLY, after hours and hours of work, got invitations sent out! We are all done with them except for maybe 10 we need to hand deliver. What a great relief. It was stressing me out so bad. The only real big thing we have left to plan is flowers. Only 40 more days left! Oh and I think I found the centerpieces I want for the reception. They are super cute and pretty cheap.

I am excited too because we got our first Bed Bath & Beyond present from our registry from Lance's grandma, Mumsy. She is so sweet. I'm excited cause our registry is pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. She also sent me some birthday decorations and a bridal shower and wedding scrapbooks! She really is so thoughtful and generous.
Speaking of bridal showers, I am sooo excited for mine this weekend. Marissa has gone all out- she really is the best Maid of Honor a bride could ask for. She has been so great and supportive this whole time, and she has come up with some great shower ideas (some of which she wont tell me about....). This weekend is going to be awesome with my shower and then the Festival of Colors after and then next Tuesday is my birthday! I will finally be 21! Lance wont tell me anything he has planned. ugh. I hate surprises. Not really. But they are hard for me.
Last weekend was really cool. Lance and I hiked the Y (he had never done it before. 8 years of living in Provo. And he is so outdoorsy. How is this possible? He claims he just like to avoid cliche things. I guess that's a possibility.) at sunset. It was a beautiful view. On Saturday we had to go up to Salt Lake to take care of some stuff, so while we were up there, we saw the new Alice in Wonderland movie in the Imax theater in 3-D. It was really good. I would recommend it to anyone. Then we went to Tucanos for dinner because I had a free coupon for my birthday month. Tucanos is delicious. One of my favorite restaurants because it is all you can eat of like 10 different meats cooked Brazilian style, plus a salad bar. Mmmm....
This weekend was pretty low key for us. To reward ourselves for finishing invitations, we took a little break from wedding planning. On Friday night we got to babysit my niece, Chiara. She is sooo cute but unfortunately doesn't like me much (shes only 4 months. shes hasn't learned yet that i will spoil her outrageously.). So of course she cried a lot, and of course Lance was the only one who could get her to stop, so he would put her to sleep and then I would hold her. It was tiring but still fun :) Stuart and Gen are such great parents.
Church was really good today. Annie gave her farewell talk. She is leaving for her mission in England in just a couple weeks. I cant believe it. Sunday School was really good too cause we started a new marriage prep class and it was just such good discussion. The teacher had us make lists about characteristics of ourselves and our fiance(e)s. Lance put some really sweet stuff about me but I laughed out loud when he said athletic. Does he have me confused with someone else? I sure hope not. That would make things awkward on the wedding day.
Speaking of Lance, I asked him the other day if he would ever write on this blog. He said he wouldn't mind, but he didn't want Merrill to think he was wussy. Haha. He prolly has a valid point. Hi, Jamie. Please show this to Merrill. I miss you and Darci. On that note, I hope everyone has a great week! Happy Monday!
wow...good parents huh? high praise kelly, high praise indeed
ReplyDeleteYou never update your blog anymore :(
ReplyDelete