Friday, March 12, 2010

Wedding Plans

So for those of you that are not tracking my every move or are far away from me, do not worry, I will keep you updated on my totally consuming wedding plans.

Things that are done:
-temple: Denver, of course! Lucky me :)
-colors: purple and silver (if you couldn't already tell from this blog). But dark purple. Not light.
-wedding dress. It is beautiful (ivory with a ton of beading)
-engagement/bridal pictures. Genevieve did SUCH a good job with my bridals and Rebecca, Annie and Marissa were awesome to spend two hours helping me with them.
-reception (mostly) Eagle Trace Golf Club in Broomfield!
-HONEYMOON!! I am sooooo excited. We are going to St. Francis Resort in the Bahamas for a week and a half. It is sooo beautiful. I even got my first passport!
-bridesmaids (Marissa, Becca, Mindy, Laura, Maren) and their dresses. They are purple with silver jackets- super cute. And groomsmen (Shay, Sam, Arturo, Michael, Evan and Eric).
- Cake- a lady in my home ward is going to make a purple velvet cake! Mmmm....delicious. Also, we bought the most freaking awesome cake topper ever.
Totally appropriate and completely applicable.
-We have also bought some furniture for Lance's condo (dresser, bookshelf, filing cabinet). He has most everything else. I can't wait to move in there.

What we still have to do:
-flowers. Ugh. This is a big one. I have been talking to a florist in Broomfield but so far nothing concrete. This is what I'm thinking though.
-invitations: are actually almost done. Actually Lance just texted me and said they are finished being printed, and I have finally basically finished the address lists. So all we have to do is address the envelopes and send them out! Hopefully in the next few days.
-We are trying to finalize hotels and transportation and such. It's stressful. But I'm pretty excited about it.

So basically, planning a wedding is the most stressful thing I have ever done. But it's also the most fun. Lance has been so great with this whole process. He has been very involved, which is great cause I know a lot of times grooms are really apathetic. He has actually surprised me a couple times with his interest and opinions in some stuff, but the input is great. Also he makes sure that we stick to our budget, which is hard for me sometimes. He is great :) So that's where we are at in terms of planning. We have got a lot done but I know it will only get more stressful. Less than 50 days now!


5 comments:

  1. I thought the wedding cake topper was a joke when Dad emailed it to me.....I guess not! Sounds like it's all coming together - yay! It makes me want to get married again because it's so much fun!

    I can't wait to see all your bridal pictures! The two I have seen are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the cake topper! I am so excited for your wedding! And Darci will totally be walking by then. She is soo close.

    PS- I saw a few of your bridal pics, and you look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun...I found out more through this post then from you...that means you should visit more. Also Chiara may be crawling by then so watch out, she started scooting this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and by Stuart...I mean this is Genevieve on Stuart's account

    ReplyDelete
  5. how many times was i mentioned? oh wait this is ur blog. u are beautiful. and going to be a lovely bride. and trophy wife. i'm proud to call you my roommate/soon to be friend.

    ReplyDelete