Or so Lance keeps reminding me. As though I would forget. I love birthdays! Especially mine. Even though it's not actually until Wednesday, we celebrated this weekend. We had the best weekend ever is Salt Lake (or at least I did. Lance was a good sport about it). After having dinner at Tucanos, we spent Friday night at the
Anniversary Inn. 
Seriously the coolest place ever. We had the Swiss Family Robinson room, and our bed was in a tree and our shower was a waterfall! The service was great, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone! Really romantic.

Looking down at the waterfall shower from the bed:

Rose petals!

Yes there was also a fish tank in our room!

Super yummy breakfast!


After we checked out Saturday morning, we walked around and looked at some of the other empty rooms. I had to take this picture of (one of) the Twilight-themed rooms. I am so embarrassed that these rooms even exist, and I feel bad for any husband who's wife would want to stay there.

After leaving the inn, we went to Gateway mall and did some maternity shopping- they have some cute stores in Salt Lake, and I was able to get some spring clothes that fit. We stopped by Temple Square to admire all the flowers and to see if we could find Marissa (we couldn't), and then we had to visit our favorite frozen yogurt place, Spoon Me, since the Provo location closed (sad), and we met up with my friend Katelyn who I haven't seen in pretty much forever. Now we're all grown up (well that's debatable...).
We met Lance's sister at Babinski's, the cutest baby store EVER. I seriously wanted to buy every single thing in it, but I managed to restrain myself. Also Lance took my money away. Then we went to visit Hatch Family Chocolates (from the TLC show the Little Choclatiers)- they seriously had the most delicious hot chocolate, and I could drink it every day. Basically we did all the things that I've been wanting to do in Salt Lake- you can tell I definitely planned this weekend. It was so much fun, especially since it wasn't too cold and Lance and I were mostly over the colds that we picked up this week.
Now I only have a couple days of 21 left, and I'm not sure how to celebrate. My actual birthday is going to be pretty low key. We have Cub Scouts, so I will be spending my day on campus doing homework, and my evening with 10 year old boys. Fun. Also, I love getting birthday cards/presents in the mail. Thanks everyone who sent me something so far- I have the best friends and family.
PS For anyone that reads this who knows
Marissa, she has been struggling recently with some health issues on her mission, and could really use some extra prayers. She is so awesome, and I miss her so much.
Hatch Family Chocolates - is that the one run by the midgets?
ReplyDelete