Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Un-Labor Day Weekend
We had the best, most relaxing weekend. We were able to do tons of fun things and still catch up on our sleep.Friday we went up to the mountains and cooked dinner. We were planning on making a campfire, but it wasn't allowed at the place we went, so we ended up using a a grill by a pavilion. We made tin foil dinners and broke in our dutch oven!
And by broke in, I mean my sister already used it. But this was our first time. We were right by a river and it was a lot colder than I though it would be. I only brought one blanket for Reagan and I was in sandals.
It got pretty chilly by the end. But the food was so delicious and the charcoal fire was warm.
Saturday was, of course, the first BYU football game, so that was a priority. The game got off to a slow start; even though Reagan slept through the first 2/3s of it, she still got to see the first BYU touchdown. I'm not sure she was impressed. Luckily, we won 14-13.
The game finished just in time for us to meet Lance's sister for dinner in Midway. We went to a Mexican place called Tarahumaras. I'm not a big Mexican food person, but apparently it was good eating. Sunday we hung out with Marissa, and Monday we grilled kabobs, went shopping, and watched Bachelor Pad- always a winner. We wanted to tube the Provo River, but it was a little chilly and cloudy, so we opted out :(. Still, a great weekend. Too bad we had to go back to the real world today! Although I love being a mommy, so I can't really complain :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment