It has been a very, very long week for us. I decided that this was the best time to potty train Reagan, and planned to use the 3-day method. Unfortunately, it turned into the 6-day method for us. I spent the entire week stuck in the house (missing the gorgeous 80 degree weather) constantly watching, following, entertaining, and reminding Reagan, as well as cleaning up pee. To make things better, I woke up with a bad cold Monday morning and have been sick all week. Between that and Reagan adjusting to her new bed (less sleep for everyone) and stressing about the baby and the constant, yet painless, contractions I have been having, I was this close to having a total breakdown. Lance was a great support and didn't complain once about the fact that we had next to nothing for dinner every night and spent 20-30 minutes extra putting Reagan back in her bed repeatedly at bedtime. Luckily, for the sake of everyone's sanity, potty training finally clicked for Reagan on Saturday morning and we have only had 2 accidents since then (one at church this morning). Amid all the stress, we still managed to have some good times:
Reagan's choo-choo
Being introduced to playdough!
"Riding" her decorative horse
Playing in the rain with Daddy
This was hilarious. She was trying to get a ball at the bottom and I encouraged her to keep reaching (because I was too lazy to get up and help her). She reached and reached on her tippy toes until she finally fell in and hung there balanced on the edge, saying "Mommy, I stuck. I really stuck." She stayed stuck long enough for me to get up and get my phone to take a picture, while calmly explaining her predicament to me.
Love these little ringlets that are coming in.
I painted her toes for the first time! She keeps looking at them and saying "Lellow toes! So cute!"
It's official. She's our big, grown-up girl.
Hahaha fave!!!! And poor Reagan in the toy chest!!!
ReplyDelete