Monday, July 29, 2013

Daryn turns 2 months

Daryn turned 2 months old on Tuesday, the 23rd! Unfortunately, we spent the entire day at the pediatricians and then Primary Children's for various appointments. We were worried because one of her kidneys did not appear to be draining. I was reading the blog I wrote when Reagan turned two months to refresh my memory. It sure has been different this time around! At her appointment on Tuesday, she weighed 7 lbs 1 oz and was 19 inches. No percentiles because, of course, she isn't even on the charts. But she is now in newborn clothes instead of preemie! She hadn't really hit any milestones as of Tuesday, but two days later she started smiling! I was nursing her late at night before bed and she just smiled and smiled at me for 10-15 seconds. I almost died, it was so cute. She can hold her head up pretty well at this point. She still sleeps most of the day, and can go up to a 5 hour stretch at night. Some days she is pretty good at putting herself to sleep, others she cries a lot. Nevertheless, we love this little peanut a lot. I am constantly amazed by the miracle that she is!
 Some sweet shots from this week.

A little nap in the waiting room.

A sleepy grin captured on camera!

1 comment:

  1. I've been blog stalking you. I had my little girl at 35 weeks 5 days due to me having preeclampsia. She was only 3lbs14oz when she was born. Its so amazing that these tiny little babies can function, and that your little one is doing so well even after surgery and such. She looks like such a doll! They grow incredibly fast -- we did preemie clothes for about 6 weeks, newborn clothes for about 7-8 weeks. And at 4 months we are in 0-3mo clothes and 11lbs! So glad that your little angel is thriving even with all that she's been thru!! Congrats

    ReplyDelete