Sunday, July 14, 2013

Terrible Two's

They've hit us like a brick wall. A brick wall moving at the speed of a lightening-fast toddler. This weekend, even between the two of us, Lance and I felt outnumbered, outsmarted, and outgunned by our trixy little girl. She's a sweet little angel 90% of the time. It's that other ten percent that you've got to watch out for, and you never know when it's coming. Yesterday, in the space of just a few hours, Reagan managed to put her face in and drink from a puddle of stagnant rainwater and grab a handful of the old grease/meat drippings from under our grill and stuff it in her mouth. If that doesn't make her sick, then I don't know what will... And then leaving her unattended in the kitchen for just a couple of minutes gave us this:
Yes. That is an entire, brand-new container of salt dumped on our dinner. Luckily, it only got on the hot dogs, and they were salvageable after a little hosing down.

Then this morning, a real treat for me. I was in the bathroom drying my hair and Reagan was on our bed, watching Caillou, her new favorite show. Usually nothing can pry her away from it, so I thought she would be fine. Then she came into the bathroom to show me this:
 She had got into Lance's graphite skin medicine that he keeps by his side of the bed, and it was everywhere. All over our bed. And that stuff does not come out. It's essentially just black grease. After the third washing today, the stains are just beginning to fade. 

Some days I feel like all I do is put her in time out. And yell at her (I'm working on that...). Feel free to judge our awesome parenting skills. I know I am. 

On another note, last Sunday Shay, Britta, and Cal came over for dinner. Reagan was happy to see her cousin, and luckily, Cal had just had his birthday the day before, so we didn't have two crazy two year olds running around :).

1 comment:

  1. this sounds terrifying and hilarious all at the same time! good luck with reagan :) oh how i love to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete