It's finally starting to cool down this week, and we are totally ready for fall. But before that, we managed to fit in some last summer fun in the last 1.5 months between vacations and school.
I went to Activity Day camp at This is the Place with the girls in my ward. It was really fun but also very hot and exhausting. But they had a great time, I think.
The garden got a little out of control... It's been kind of neglected lately.
The little girls continue to do hilarious things almost daily.
Yes, Daryn is completely stuck.
Yes, if you look closely that is 2 pairs of monkey slippers that Maddie insisted on wearing.
"Wow I'm so beautiful"
Another doctor's appointment for Daryn. I had to take all 3 girls and Madelyn threw a tantrum in the middle of the floor.
Busy sisters. Ironically, their favorite game to play is still school.
Lance took the big girls to a Bee's baseball game! They liked the ice cream part of it, but weren't super interested in the rest.
We "watched" the solar eclipse. We were in the 93% coverage zone (pictured below) and honestly it was kind of lame. It did get dim outside and quite a bit cooler. Next time I'm going to totality!
We did have eclipse cookies, though.
Family day at the park.
One last sprinkler, campfire, s'mores evening.
Labor Day, we woke up with no specific plans. After riding bikes and watching a caterpillar on the driveway for a while, we decided to pack a picnic lunch and check out Ft Buenaventura in Ogden.
It was so much fun! We spent the morning play on the old-school playground and exploring the area.
And canoeing! No one even fell in, despite Maddie's best efforts.
On one of the little hikes around the area we came across this big wooden staircase and had to go up. I was carrying Maddie and legitimately felt like it almost killed me. First trimester exhaustion is no joke! But the view at the top was beautiful.
Half of the people cooperated in each picture...
Checking out a leaf bug on the sidewalk at gym.
This sweet, mischievous little face is one of my favorite things! She keeps me on my toes for sure.
Last Friday I took the girls to see Suessical Jr at a theater nearby that a friend was in.
It was a lot of fun! Daryn got really into one of the songs and got up and started dancing at one point.
Sunday afternoon tea party.
We're ready for bigger and better things! 2nd trimester starts today for me, so fingers crossed I can find a little more energy in the next few months!








































No comments:
Post a Comment