Sunday, November 11, 2018

Other fall things

We have had SUCH a beautiful fall, with gorgeous temps and lots of interesting weather. In going thorough my photos I found I few that I wanted to share.

Beautiful double rainbow outside the grocery store.


At one of Blade's early morning appointments in Ogden. This was so stunning in person.

With the mist and everything, it was just amazing.

This little non-pear tree of ours which now serves non purpose other than looking gorgeous for a couple weeks in October. It can stay. 

One afternoon raking leaves in the front. To the west it was sunny and bright.

To the east it was... a little ominous.

The first snow of the season on the mountains. Utah is beUTAHful!

Enough weather, back to the children. Silly kids being silly.

Maddie cracks me up all the time.

Daryn drew this bear face, after claiming she didn't know how. I offered to show her how I would do it, but she thought I did a terrible job and said "I'll do mine on my own". Hers was much better.

When I started making dinner very early one day (around 4, it was something that took awhile), Maddie got out all her dishes and sat down at the table. When I told her we wouldn't be eating for a couple hours, she said simply, "I wait." OK, kiddo. Girl loves her food. 

Waiting while I helped with pick-up at the kids school. Not sure what the stink eye was for. I think she felt like those kids were crowding her.

Daryn was nominated for kindness by her teacher in October. We were so proud of her!

How my trips to Sam's Club go these days...

When you have sisters, you play dollhouse... he doesn't seem to mind.

 Reagan's school picture retakes turned out much better than the first ones where her eyes were closed.

Daryn somehow tangled herself up in the blind cords in the basement while the girls were playing and I was upstairs with Blade. I didn't find out until she managed to free herself and came upstairs crying with Reagan and we were all a little traumatized. I'm very grateful she was ok besides the marks in her neck. So scary!


Daryn took this photo of me. I love being a mom, but sometimes it's a little...

Especially at bedtime. (Daryn took this one too.)

This weekend was Stake Conference. Always a very busy few days for Lance, helping the Stake Presidency with whatever they need. For the adult session on Saturday night, I took the older girls to Parent's Night Out at gymnastics, grabbed some food at Kneaders (since none of us had eaten), and we watched with Maddie and Blade on the TV set up in the primary room. Not too shabby. 

This morning did not go so well. Those 2 hours are hard. The kids were so wild and loud, we finally ended up in the high council room by ourselves (it was set up as the mothers' room, but no one was in there) "watching" as they ran around yelling and crying. Lance went in the chapel at the beginning and end to sing with the choir. I think it's the only time the girls actually looked at the television but it was fun to see him because he ended up front and center on the screen. 

Even when I take picture of him on television he closes his eyes...

Anyway, we got a few good things out of the meeting and now we don't have another one till my birthday. Yay.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy I can read about your life through blog. Except I am sick over that blind fiasco! Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete