I never got around to posting about Blade at 7 months. Mostly because it was right before we went to Disneyland, and when I went to weigh him to record his weight at 7 months, I was shocked to find that not only had he not gained weight, he had actually lost a few ounces over the previous month, weighing in at 14.9 lbs (completely off the charts). I was very concerned, and vowed to look into after Disney if he hadn't gained. I nursed him as much as possible on the trip, and fed him some table foods. He just didn't have that big of an appetite. When we returned and he hadn't gained any weight, I made a doctor appointment ASAP and was told to really really push baby food, which we hadn't done much of and he hadn't been too interested. We started a strict regimen of baby food and I'm happy to report he is gaining weight, slowly but surely.
Some pictures from around 7 months:
Kid is such a snuggle bug.
His skills at 7 months were starting to sit unassisted for a few seconds, rolling both ways, grabbing things, loving his playmat and his sisters. Sleeping 12+ hours a night, eating (nursing) 5 times a day, 3 naps, putting himself to sleep easily with no swaddle, wearing size 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers. He was as happy as always, very spitty but hardly fussy.
Sadly, his weight hasn't been his only major problem. He has also developed quite a prominent flat spot on the back right corner of his head, from always sleeping the same direction. We've been unable to correct over the past few month by positioning, so on Halloween we picked up his brand new helmet, to be worn 23 hours a day for 3+ months. Hopefully by that time, his head will be nice and round. Lance and I aren't sure if we are seeing things, but after just a couple weeks we are pretty positive that there has been noticeable improvement.The helmet doesn't seem to bother him at all and he loves the nightly baths to wash off all the sweat.
Still sleeps like a log.
I'm so used to him wearing it, I think he looks weird without it now.
At 8 months last Monday, Blade weighed in at 16 lbs exactly, which is about 5th percentile- back on the charts! Hopefully it will keep up but I can tell as his baby food intake increases (about 6 containers a day), he is nursing less- about 4 times a day now. He is growing a little, wearing 3-6 and 6-9 months clothes. He still sleeps a ton but does pretty well if he misses a nap. He sits independently for long periods of time. He can feed himself bites with a spoon. He said "mama" once and Lance and I both heard it- even though he didn't want to admit it. He rolls everywhere and loves to scoot backwards all the way across rooms. His helmet makes it easy- no friction on his head! He is trying to army crawl. His eczema and cradle cap are much better; they are almost gone. He still spits up sooo much. Like a ridiculous amount, and baby food spit up is the worst. He doesn't suck his thumb anymore but loves his binky for sleeping. His blue eyes are turning brown, but are still just as gorgeous. Seriously those lashes.
We love this easy going little guy so much and fingers crossed that things keep looking up!


























I swear after less than two weeks piper's head is rounder too! Judas! he's as cute and perfect as ever!
ReplyDelete