September just flew by, full of school and activities and beautiful weather and sickness and exhaustion (baby is kicking my butt).
Maddie feels my pain.
A fun fundraiser!
We made it to the State Fair this year and the kids got their names written in Japanese.
The each got to pick a few rides and Maddie chose this train the cruised sooo slowly. She insisted on taking her goldfish and just munched as the train crawled around, cool as a cucumber.
Temple night! We haven't missed a month this year. When we got to the Ogden temple, we realized it was closed for maintenance, so we drove another 20 minutes to the Brigham City temple. Living in Utah has its perks!
We've had a few wildfires near us recently. This brush fire on the mountain was less than 2 miles from the girls school but it felt closer.
September was a month of traveling for Lance and I. He went to see his parents and grandmas over Labor Day, and two weeks later I went to Austin for a friend's wedding. I forgot how much I hate flying, especially when I am pregnant.
But the weekend (at a summer camp!) was really fun and relaxing.
Minus the giant bugs...
Congrats to Maren and Adrian!
Meanwhile, the kids had a blast playing at home with Lance.
Then, two weeks later, I was off to Colorado to see Eric, Cassidy, and Travis sealed in the temple! My first time seeing a sibling sealed and it was even better than I imagined. It was a super short but still awesome visit with my family.
In between trips to the airport we found plenty of other things to keep us busy.
Making leaf sugar cookies to mark the beginning of autumn.
Lunch on the lawn at school.
Daryn trying out karate.
The school jogathon! My girls may be strong but they could work on their stamina...
Blade, on the other hand, could go down this slide for hours.
We took a short walk to the railroad tracks by our house one day to see Big Ben, one of the last steam locomotives, come by. It was big and loud!
Harvest time! The garden kind of ran wild with neglect this year but I was proud of these apples and pumpkins.
The little kids are super big these days. Maddie gets herself ready for preschool and Blade insists on eating at the table.
And a few October things. We took a fall afternoon drive along the Alpine Loop. A little chilly but still beautiful!
We even saw a deer across the water at Cascade Springs.
And the trip wouldn't be complete without a stop at the BYU Creamery. Although each time we go, it feels less and less familiar.
Lance got Reagan and I tickets to attend Women's Conference!
It was SUCH an incredible meeting and the Spirit and the talks were powerful. Easily the best meeting I have ever attended and Reagan loved it, too.
Dinner at Nauvoo Cafe after cause we were starving.
On Sunday afternoon, Meagan, Grace, and Wilson came over and this little boy was as happy as can be.
The past month was kind of a blur of exhaustion, but hopefully now that I'm into my 2 trimester (15 weeks!) things will pick up a little. Fingers crossed!



























































No comments:
Post a Comment