Wednesday, November 6, 2019

October

Looking back, last month was a whirlwind of adorableness and business. Life as normal, basically. So here comes another whopper of a post!

Cutest guy around.

I accidentally taught him to blow his nose on his shirt...

Parent teacher conferences and shockingly (or not so much) these girls are killing it in their new classes in the PAL program. Little smarties!

Daryn: The best pet for me is fish because my dad is allergic other animals. Bless our kids' hearts. 

Daryn was nominated by her teacher (Smith) for the characteristic of the month, resilience. She got a pizza party with the principal!

I've always thought all my girls are cute but honestly I think Maddie is the most adorable 3 year old I have ever seen. 


This kid is always getting into trouble. He dumps out all the toys constantly and ripped a hole in our old playpen. And his face always has one or two bruises. 


That was a rough afternoon at the Brunson house...

He found these blocks in the garage ( I was going to give them away) and is so obsessed with them, I had to bring them back into the house. His first time stacking!

Wearing Daddy's old outfit. I tried something new with his hair and didn't love it.

We had a big Activity Day girls highlight night that I planned and worked hard with the girls to prepare for. I made cream puffs for the first time and brought them to share and Reagan made a mock apple pie to display. The girls all did great and I was so proud of them!

That evening the girls had special purple-filled cream puffs (you can't really see it in the picture) to let them know another little Brunson girl was on the way!


They couldn't be more excited! All 3 of them ended up officially voting for girl before they knew what it was. 


In reality, their gymnastics teacher accidentally spilled the beans the night before at Parents Night Out when I forgot to let her know that I hadn't told them yet. The girls agreed to pretend like they didn't know and not talk about it if I would go through with my treat plan. They played their part perfectly. ("I wonder if we are having a boy or a girl?!" was heard all day long...)

We've been having lots of park time recently while Daryn has karate. Blade loves the playground and loves chasing the ducks even more. 



Another day, another doctor's appointment, trying to keep the kiddos entertained. 

Temple night!

We had been wanting to go on a little trip for fall break, but as it approached I realized I was way too tired to do anything like that. Lane took a couple days off and we opted for a stay-cation instead. We had a ton of free passes we needed to use up! First thing, Black Island Farms. 



We let the big girls run off and do their own thing (there was hardly anyone there) while we hung out with the little kids.

Blade took it upon himself to clean up all the spilled corn. We had to pull him away after a few minutes.




Blade got really cranky in the corn maze and never really recovered. So the hayride was a little stressful.

Oh hey baby.

But they all successfully got pumpkins that they could carry themselves.

After lunch and a nap, the aquarium. 

Turtle!

And a new sting ray friend.

No mermaid this time so Maddie was happy to fill in.

Later that afternoon, the trampoline park. Everyone had such a fun time and this was the only picture I took. 

The next morning, Lance took the girls to see Aladdin at the dollar theater and then to Chick Fil A for lunch, then we all met up at Fat Cats! Reagan is getting better at bowling without bumpers. 


Blade got the hang of it pretty quickly and didn't let anyone get in his way. 


We ended an exhausting couple of days with dinner at Olive Garden. It was great to be able to spend so much time together!

Saturday we took it easy and mostly stayed home. The girls painted a few of their 20 billion pumpkins. Daryn, Maddie, Reagan from left to right. 


Not sure what this is? But here you go.

Another loooong day at the doctor's with Daryn. 

Back to Black Island Farm's on a field trip with Maddie's preschool. It was sooooo cold I was was so tired that it was pretty rough. 

Little boys in winter outfits made it a little better. 





Blade went down these slides a gazillion times.


Snuggles. We love those boys!

Time for the cumulation of the month's excitement! First time in their costumes for the Layton City party. They had the idea of Wizard of Oz this year. I'm not sure Maddie really understood- and she thought a scarecrow was for scaring people. Whatevs...



Make it stop! He loves his dog.

I was a little worried we would run out of time to carve pumpkins before Halloween (the weekend before was stake conference) but we made it work. 



Reagan lost another top tooth that day, giving her a 4-tooth gap. We made a matching pumpkin to commemorate. 

Lance made himself and Blade matching pumpkins. Adorable. Mine was a little more simple.

First snow that stuck! It would happen the week of Halloween. It was a very cold week.

Mustache week at gymnastics. Some people like it more than others. 

All dressed up for the ward's Trunk or Treat!



Tin baby!! He dug the role.

The carnival games were a little tricky.


It was so cold (20's) that they moved the trunk-or-treating inside.

Blade got the hang of things quickly and was very protective of his treats.


What a haul!

The girls' first costume parade at school. I can't believe they still do that. 


And I got to help with Reagan's class party! Felt like a total room mom.

Meanwhile Lance was at Maddie's preschool party and trunk-or-treat with Blade. Division of labor!

The girls had early out that day so we watched Wizard of Oz and then got ready for the main event! The high that day was in the 30's and it was below freezing when we started. The kids were champs! Luckily they had pretty warm costumes. 
  
They're off! (To see the wizard.)



Just to end on a silly note. Reagan and Blade especially are such goofballs together! She is such a great big sister and Blade loves her antics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment