Sunday, March 29, 2020

Quarantine

What a strange time to be living. No school, no church, no gatherings, no activities of any kind. Lance is the only one who leaves the house, about once a week to go to the store and he wears a mask. It all happened so quickly. I went to Sam's Club on the 4th, and it was pretty surreal. No paper goods at all. It's much worse now, I hear.



Before it all went down, Reagan and I went to see Hello Dolly opening weekend at the high school. Good thing, because they only ran one night the next week before shutting it down. It was a great show and we both loved it. 

Lance and I squeezed in one last temple trip, in anticipation of the baby coming and the temple closing. Barely made it!

We took advantage of the babysitter and went to a nice dinner at Station Park, at a place called Sicilia Mia. It was, hands down, some of the most delicious food I have ever had. And not just because I was 37.5 weeks pregnant. 

It was a good thing we went out with a bang, because that was the last time I left the house other than  drs appts and giving birth. 

The next day, Grandma arrived! She basically saved us. 


The girls enjoyed having a few days off of school, and we even had a visit from the leprechauns on St Patricks Day!

Those sneaky guys always turn the oatmeal green.

Reagan spent some time trying out play makeup that they got a while back.

And Blade really buckled down on the schoolwork.

Speaking of schoolwork, it turns out trying to do the girls' schoolwork at home is extremely difficult. The only way we managed the past two weeks is with Grandma playing with Blade and Maddie basically all day. Thank goodness for Spring Break.

Even Maddie has been busy with work from preschool!


We've been taking lots of walks since bringing Dixie home. It's good for all of us. 

On Friday night we had a pizza popcorn party to celebrate. The kids all got to make their own.





The girls found themselves with some free time on Saturday and rainbowized the markers. Isolation will take us all soon.

Another Sunday at home this morning. Reagan ran nursery.

We feel better when we get dressed up.




Wish us luck in the coming weeks! Although being stuck at home with an adorable baby is not the worst thing in the world. Check back after April to see if we are still sane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment