Easter weekend was such a blast. We got to do all our normal traditions, plus some.
We did our egg hunt on Friday. We needed a distraction while we participated in the worldwide fast for coronavirus relief. I went all out this year with 150 eggs- front and back yard!
We saved the last egg for Dixie- no one else could find it!
Blade was a big fan of all the candy and kept sneaking into his bag. When he heard someone coming, he would cover his eyes so they couldn't see him :).
We did something new this year. We were dying to get out of the house, so on Saturday morning, we loaded all the kids up for our first outing as a family of 7, and drove to the Provo Cemetery. I wanted to visit my grandparents' graves, as well as two of my great great grandmothers who are buried there. I've been learning more about their stories recently, and they did not have easy lives. They both practiced plural marriage, and both of their husbands are buried with their other wives. As depressing as that sounds, there is a lot about their stories that inspires me. It was nice to pay tribute to them and spend a few minutes teaching my girls about them.
I love visiting my grandparents' graves. I miss them so much!
Lorena Larsen
And Louisa Hall Harris. Her home still stands in Provo!
Thanks for all the support, Lance!
When we got home, it was time to dye Easter eggs!
Blade loved it till he broke his favorite egg and still wouldn't let go of it.
That night, we made sure to leave out our baskets for the Easter Bunny.
And he came! Sadly, I was sleeping after a long night with the baby when all the kids got up and found their baskets, but they were nice enough to show them off for me.
At least I was there for Dixie's first basket, although she wasn't super impressed.
We got the kids all dressed up and bribed them with treats for family pictures.
And it worked! My new favorite picture.
And an even better picture with Grandma! They're so adorable.
After a special Sacrament and Easter lessons, the girls wanted to get started on their little flower growing pots that they got in their basket.
We finished the Easter part of the day off with an early dinner and a yummy new treat- strawberry chiffon pie! It was pretty good.
It was so great to be together as a family, without any distractions, and celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.


































No comments:
Post a Comment