Sunday, May 3, 2020

Maddie is 4!

Maddie's birthday was on Easter this year! So after our Easter dinner, it was time for a birthday party. She requested a chocolate, vanilla, strawberry Easter birthday cake with candy, and I'm happy to say that I delivered with this egg shaped cupcake cake. It may not be the prettiest, but boy was it a sugar rush. Lots of prep work the night before. 

Have you ever seen a cuter 4 year old? I haven't!


Lance couldn't go buy her flowers this year, so he cut some tulips from the flower bed instead. 

Half of our Easter dinner was things that she requested, but I think she only ate the mac n cheese. 

Time for presents!

That face when you get a unicorn dress and unicorn bike helmet. 

Time for cake! I don't think anyone finished their servings. 

Some things about Maddie:

She is the exact same height and weight. 42.5 inches (95th percentile) and 42.5 lbs (90th percentile). She is still a big kid! She wears size 5t clothes and size 10 shoes- her feet are literally the exact same size as Daryn's. Shoot. Soon Daryn will be wearing her hand-me-downs. She doesn't nap anymore (some days I think she would like to, but it doesn't quite work with Blade napping in their room in the afternoon) but she sleeps 12 hours at night. 95% percent of things time she is cheerful and happy and adorable. When I ask her to help me with something she says, "Oh! Sure thing, Mom! I'm a big helper!" which is pretty great. But she is starting to fight quite a bit with her sisters- I think she's finally tired of getting bossed around. She plays great with Blade and loves to help him with things. She loves helping in the kitchen, playing outside, playing games, and riding her scooter. She has so much to say and just talks and talks and talks. She is getting much better at pronouncing words correctly but we have to remind her not to drop her s's often. She has picked up a bad habit of biting her nails that we can't get her to quit. At least I don't have to clip them? She is learning to read and can sound out simple words pretty easily, and write almost all of her letters. She has a big sweet tooth and is always wanting treats and snacks. She loves preschool and primary and gymnastics and misses them a lot. She is so adorable and innocent and just so much fun to be around! We love her to pieces. 

Here's her 4 year birthday survey:

1. What is your favorite color? Pink and golden and purple and yellow
2. What is your favorite toy? My unicorn set
3. What is your favorite fruit? Peach. Peach is so juicy
4. What is your favorite tv show or movie? How bout I tell you both of them. I like Dora for my movie and Rescue Riders is my favorite show. And can I tell you my favorite PBSkids show? It's Molly of DeMolly.
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Cheesebread, broccoli and ranch, and toast
6. What is your favorite game? You know! (I didn't). Crazy 8's!
7. What is your favorite snack? Orange
8. What is your favorite animal? Parrot
9. What is your favorite song? ABC's, Itsy Bitsy Spider, I Am a Child of God
10. What is your favorite book? The Owl book
11. Who is your best friend? 'Melia, and some of my preschool class friends, and some of my friends in Primary
12. What is your favorite cereal? The one with the circle crunchy ones (Apple Jacks)
13. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Swing with Grandma
14. What is your favorite drink? Water
15. What is your favorite holiday? Easter. And Christmas
16. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? *Holds up her unicorns*
17. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Pankes. I mean waffles. I like waffles. And pancakes.
18. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Mac and cheese and cheesy broccoli and cauliflower.
19. What do you want to be when you grow up? A dentist
20. I am very proud because… being super brave for my shots today
21. I am afraid of dark. And ghostes. And scary spiders
22. Name one thing you do really well? Coloring
23. What is your favorite time of day? When I eat breakfast and find Easter eggs and open presents.
24. What makes you feel sad? When my sisters don't play with me and my grandma and my mom and dad and gigi and granddad dont play with me...
25. What makes you feel happy? Playing with grandma and playing with grandma and mom and dad ang gigi and grandad and Bladey and seeing new baby sister
26. Where do you want to go on vacation? To the zoo. I mean to look in the zoo.
27. What is your favorite thing to do with Mom or Dad? Play a game with them. That makes me happy.

She had a virtual preschool birthday celebration during their Zoom class on Monday. Closest she got to celebrating with friends. (I had promised her her first party this year and she was really looking forward to it.)

She is the greatest big sister and really loving this baby thing. We are all so lucky to have her in our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment