Monday, April 11, 2022

February

February was kind of a long month. It had some good times and bad times. 

Daryn really bonded with Twilight. She loved him so much. Everyone did!




Until one day he died. With no explanation. We went through two more birds in quick succession (1 week and 2 days) before we decided we better not buy anymore until we could figure out why they were dying. It was emotionally devastating for Daryn. Let's move on. 

Reagan had her final robotics competition. They didn't qualify for State but they still did great and we're proud of everything she learned and accomplished this year. 

Silly snuggles.

Blade took these photos of Maddie playing with the dollhouse. 

Sunday cutie!

We had an awesome Noah's ark lesson with the nuggets and many, many stuffed animals.

Everybody in!


This girl is the silliest!

She still sleeps in crazy places.

Most of the time.

My little snuggle buggle.

She loves those fingers and that blankey.

Maddie got to go on a field trip to the kids museum and ride a school bus for the first time.

Just so many random things. Blade and Maddie always want me to take pictures of their creations.

Free baby!

Reagan was having a traumatic tooth experience. She had been wiggling it for days and still couldn't pull it out but she also couldn't wear her retained because it pushed it back in painfully. Finally I told her I would pay her $5 to let me tie a string to the door and the tooth and Daryn said she would pay her a dollar if she could be the one to slam it. $6 later and it popped right out!

Super Bowl food and Book of Mormon videos. A tradition!


Blade wrote his name on his own for the first time.

Balance Baby!

It's an exhausting life.

With So. Much. Laundry.

Snugglies and temp tattoos.

Park day for Blade at preschool. His favorite day and he makes me stay at the car when I drop him off. 

Maddie drew this adorable fox. She is so talented!

Giving the bike a try. 

Shenani-chickens.


Cooking day at preschool and Chinese New Year at karate.

Family karaoke party!

I took Dixie and went to visit my Grandma in Dallas for President's Day weekend. I hadn't seen her in over 5 years! Dixie did great with the travel.

She seriously was a statue for like two hours when I turned on Number Blocks. 

Sharon, Halle, and Isaac drove down to meet us at the airport. Dixie's first time facing forward!


The moonrise while we were driving to our Airbnb looked so big and weird. I can't even describe it. It was orange and oval and we argued about whether it was actually the moon for several minutes.

Time for bed!

Dixie slept SO badly that night and in the morning I discovered why. Apparently she had slipped a rubber band onto her ankle. Poor girl. 

I hardly got any Isaac snuggles because Dixie would get super jealous and start crying any time I tried.

Sunday morning we drove over to Grandma's house. Dixie was feeling very shy.

Some muffins helped warm her up.

So fun to meet Great-Grandma and James.

But also exhausting.


We met Reid and Jana for a late lunch at Cracker Barrel. Of course, Jana knew just how to make Dixie like her immediately. 

It was so nice to catch up with everyone at dinner!

Dixie ended on not a great note.

All too soon, it was time to fly home. A short but sweet trip!

Lance had a couple fun days with the other kids while I was gone. The park was a given.

They also made thee fun robots for school.

When I got home we went straight to the Castle park for some much-needed family time.


The family that swings together...

Taco Tuesday!

Blade loves to take pictures of Dixie. It's so cute.


And that's a wrap, folks. Time for birthday month!

No comments:

Post a Comment