PS On a side note, being woken up this morning by a bunch of firemen about to break into our condo was not the best part of my week. Turns out a pipe burst next door and flooded our basement. It ruined some of our food storage :(, but luckily didn't spread too far. But we've had various people (firemen, board members, HOA reps, insurance agents, carpet cleaners) in and out all day, ripping out carpet and sideboards, and they'll be back tomorrow at 8 am. Embarrassing for me because I haven't even showered. Hopefully it will all get taken care of eventually. Right now there's a big fan running down there. It's like being on the carpet crew again, except I don't have to work.
Monday, January 3, 2011
My little apple, 15 weeks old
That's right, our little growing fetus is now the size of an apple! (4 inches from head to rump). Although from how big it's made my belly, you would think it was larger. Baby's accomplishments in the past couple weeks include facial expressions, peeing, and sensing light. So far we haven't felt any movement, but we have a doctor's appointment this week and are looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again! We are super excited to find out the gender sometime in the next couple weeks. Keep your fingers crossed for a boy or a girl! (We'll be happy with either). My morning sickness is gone and now I am just hungry almost all the time. Most of my clothes don't fit but I am still to small for maternity clothes; it's an awkward stage. I just feel fat, even though I've gained hardly any weight. In fact, I weight less than when I found out I was pregnant. This picture makes me look bigger than I am.
We've started considering some names but nothing definite yet. Suggestions anyone? We will put them in the hat, as my sister would say. I think it's a metaphorical hat, but I could be wrong. Although I'm holding off on a lot of shopping until we find out if it's a he or a she, we are going to be buying a crib soon! I can't wait to start decorating my little nursery. Lance and I are just so excited to be parents. Most of my apprehension left when the vomiting did, and now I am just thrilled. Although this baby came as somewhat of a surprise to us, the timing really couldn't be more perfect. I am going to graduate this spring, and classes end just a couple weeks before my June 23rd due date. Then I can stay home all day with my baby! I just hope I can figure out how to take care of a baby before then. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially by Baby. We are super grateful for all the support we have gotten from friends and family, and no one has been judgmental (to our faces....)! Now I get to go sort out the clothes that I wont be able to wear for a while from my closet, and get ready for the Bachelor tonight! My favorite part of January. :)
PS On a side note, being woken up this morning by a bunch of firemen about to break into our condo was not the best part of my week. Turns out a pipe burst next door and flooded our basement. It ruined some of our food storage :(, but luckily didn't spread too far. But we've had various people (firemen, board members, HOA reps, insurance agents, carpet cleaners) in and out all day, ripping out carpet and sideboards, and they'll be back tomorrow at 8 am. Embarrassing for me because I haven't even showered. Hopefully it will all get taken care of eventually. Right now there's a big fan running down there. It's like being on the carpet crew again, except I don't have to work.
PS On a side note, being woken up this morning by a bunch of firemen about to break into our condo was not the best part of my week. Turns out a pipe burst next door and flooded our basement. It ruined some of our food storage :(, but luckily didn't spread too far. But we've had various people (firemen, board members, HOA reps, insurance agents, carpet cleaners) in and out all day, ripping out carpet and sideboards, and they'll be back tomorrow at 8 am. Embarrassing for me because I haven't even showered. Hopefully it will all get taken care of eventually. Right now there's a big fan running down there. It's like being on the carpet crew again, except I don't have to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kelly! I didn't know you had a bun in the oven! What the?! I am so excited for you two! You guys will be the best parents! Congratulations! YAYA.
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this!! I am so excited for you! Its crazy how time has just been flying by! I hope you are doing great! I know we're not BFF's, But if you need anything let me know! :)
ReplyDeleteDon't pretend like you have food storage.
ReplyDelete