Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ouch

I hate winter. Especially in Utah. I can't even remember the last time it was above freezing. Unfortunately, neither can our front steps. They have been covered with a solid layer of ice for the past month or so. Yesterday, I finally slipped and fell. Lets be honest, it was probably inevitable. I fell all the down the stairs and landed hard on my rump. Luckily, I managed to hold on to the bowl of brownies and ice cream I was carrying. Unluckily, I now have a huge bruise. I can live with that. I just hope I didn't hurt the baby. That's what really scared me. Lance promised me the baby will be fine. I guess we'll find out.... if it comes out with two heads or severe spinal damage, I'll know what to blame.

In other news, yesterday was Lance's 29th birthday! He wanted to keep things simple (actually, he didn't want to celebrate it at all), but I insisted on marking the occasion. I spent all afternoon making him 3 miniature pies (coconut cream, chocolate, and peach) at his request, then when he got home we went to Olive Garden and then went to see Tron. I also got him a Kindle, which he loves and hasn't put down since he got it. Because we were so busy, I didn't get any pictures of this momentous occasion. Surprise surprise. But we had a lot of fun.

We also bought our crib this evening! Yay!! One big check mark on the list. I am so happy. I absolutely adore this crib from Babies R Us, and it will be mine in 7-14 business days, some assembly required.
One last thought: I heart the Bachelor. This season is shaping up to be as entertaining and dramatic as ever!

3 comments:

  1. Love the crib! So cute! It is so much fun when you start purchasing baby items. I couldn't wait to get all of our stuff for Darci. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You heart the bachelor himself or the show? I'm rooting for Dracula myself :)

    ReplyDelete