Monday, May 2, 2011

Graduation Celebration!

The past couple of weeks have been so crazy and busy and fun!! We had a blast celebrating with our families and friends. Where do I start? I loved getting to spend a few extra days with my niece Eve (and Sharon and Andrew and Dad) before things really got busy. She is such a cutie!
I don't know what that look is for. She loves me.
The rest of my family, and Lances family, got in to Provo on Thursday. My family made it just in time for graduation! (Literally. I did not even see them before the ceremony. Thank you snowy mountains.) Graduation was AWESOME. It was the best feeling ever. I can't believe I made it through this semester. What makes it even better? Finding out I got A-'s in the two hardest classes I have ever taken at BYU. OH SNAP. I was pretty proud of myself. Anyway, walking across the stage and getting my diploma (holder) was just such a relief. And, I didn't even trip!

Oh she would dress Eve like a little Ute fan! Don't worry, I will indoctrinate her in the ways of the Cougars.
Haha I am not at all surprised that Lance has his eyes closed in the only picture I got with my family.
Proud parents? I hope so!

Thursday and Friday were just full of celebrations and family time and graduation, and then Saturday morning was my baby shower! My sisters-in-law, Meagan and Britta, as well as Lance's mom and grandma threw me the best shower ever! It was soo much fun, and I'm so glad almost my whole family could be there. (Jamie: I miss you). It was good to see so many of my friends too, especially Laura, Mindy, and Maren, who came out all the way from Colorado. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures from the shower on my camera. But I did get a lot of awesome presents and ate way too much delicious food!
I was sad because, with everything else going on, I wasn't able to focus too much attention on Easter, my favorite holiday. Lance and I are considering celebrating it next week. After pretty much everyone had left by last Monday, it took me nearly a full week to recover. And by recover, I mean finish the laundry and clean the condo and eat all the leftovers. Genevieve, my super talented sister-in-law, took maternity pics with me and Lance on Thursday. I can't wait to see how they turned out!! The one I saw looked pretty good, so I am excited.

Basically, the week of graduation was pretty much the best thing ever. I am so grateful for our families and friends and how generous they are! Mostly I am grateful for Lance, because I am almost positive I never would have made it to graduation without his support. He is the best husband ever! Now we just get to hunker down and wait for Daughter to get here! I am absolutely so excited to be a mother (and to not be pregnant anymore!) Less than two months now!
I can't believe he can carry me and the baby! And he makes it seem so effortless! My hero <3

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahaahahaha the last pic hahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the only clean jacket she had!! And congrats again :)

    ReplyDelete