Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Weekend

We've had a wonderful weekend celebrating Mothers Day. Friday night, Reagan and I took the train to Salt Lake to meet Lance for dinner. We were also able to meet up with Stuart- lucky us! Early Saturday morning, we headed up to Ogden for a family gathering. The grave of one of our ancestors was being rededicated. Since we share this pioneer predecessor with Elder Oaks, he was there also and spoke. It was so awesome to see him in such a personal setting- only about 200 people there. Afterwards, we were able to meet him. Reagan was very excited to shake hands with a real apostle- and not even 11 months old!
 Then we headed over to Baby Animal Days in Kaysville. Reagan was impressed by the cows...
 And the turkeys...
 And the ducklings!
 But the best part was definitely... Reagan riding a horse! They had free horse rides, but I can't believe they let her. I walked on one side and a worker was on the other. The helmet was way too big, but she loved it!
 Ok not to brag, but my daughter is freakin adorable.

 This morning, we had to get up early for church, but Lance made delicious breakfast bagels. Reagan wore a cute dress that was mine when I was a baby. She was pretty good during church, even though Lance had to teach so I had her during Relief Society.
 She LOVES this teddy bear now. She carries it everywhere.
 After church, we all took a good nap (Reagan slept for 4 hours!) and then Lance grilled kabobs. Yum. Overall, a very successful Mothers Day! I am so grateful to this little sweetheart for making me a mommy and bringing so much joy to my life.

1 comment:

  1. ok the horse riding pics. adorable. cool about e oaks and you do have a freakin adorable daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete